Search results

1. Li'l Popeye

First minibikes ride after winter

Last week it was time for the first minibike ride after the winter. With both my "General Lee" and "Li'l Popeye" minibikes. Front tire of General lee was flat, so that needed some air, all other tires were ok. I checked and cleaned carburators, there was not much dirt in, but the stationairy...
  2. Li'l Popeye

New minibike-and-other-projects-workshop project.

Hello, While the pandemic was going on, I decided to start building a new garage in my backyard, here in Netherlands. Because the building process here in Netherlands might differ from yours in USA, it might be interested fro some. I build the new garage by myself and get help from my brother...
  3. Li'l Popeye

9.0 hp Vanguard.

Hello. In search of aftermarket parts for this engine. Billet rod and billet flywheel if possible. Have searched several websites, without result. Found this engine on scrapyard. It runs on brake cleaner, so I assume all is good. It is a 290-300cc engine. 18cui. 1" crankshaft. Or would it be...
  4. Li'l Popeye

I've made a decal of one of my minibikes

Hello, I have recently purchased a Chinese vinyl cutter and have sold my Roland vinyl cutter. The Chinese cutter came with software and works with my windows 10 computer, where as the Roland did not. I took a picture of 1 of my minibikes and after some editing with free software programs like...
  5. Li'l Popeye

"Norway" minibike

Hey, Another minibike project from me for a Norway customer; a Norway themed mini bike. I came in contact with him through social media; he had seen some of my video's and asked if I could build something like it for him. That's when I told him that I was willing to sell him my "Herbie" mini...
  6. Li'l Popeye

Chain would not fit 10T sprocket.

Well. I have "upgraded" from #219 chain to 1/2" chain. It is 1/2x5/16 chain, so I thought all was good... It did not fit the 10t sprocket. I found out afterwards that this chain has larger diam rollers as #40 chain. So what I did was milling the teeth of the sprocket with a larger diameter...
  7. Li'l Popeye

TAV2 30 series torque converter center distance issues.

Merry Christmas to all, I'm going to build an off road go kart with a torque converter and a gearbox. The TC driven (6 inch) will be mounted on the gearbox input shaft. Therefor I needed the center distance between the driver and driven. According to several pdf files the distance should be 7...
  8. Li'l Popeye

Honda ST, CT, DAX 50cc replica.

Hi, After building 3 minibikes from scratch, it was about time for a road legal "minibike". I came across a used 50cc Skyteam skymax on Dutch marketplace and it had a moped license plate (<50cc). I went over to take a look at it and took it home. It will be my new "project", as it has several...
  9. Li'l Popeye

New electric minibikes

Hello, Anybody seen these electric minibike look-a-likes? http://www.coopopmoto.com/
  10. Li'l Popeye

Scooter transmission / torque converter

I came across these video's and saw they're using variomatic transmission, which I believe are from a scooter. Anyone has experience with this?
  11. Li'l Popeye

Minibike warehouse.

Chinese minibike warehouse. Before they're shipped.
  12. Li'l Popeye

Cheap GX-200 clone arrived...

I recently purchased 2 cheap ($65,-/each shipped) GX-160 / GX-200 clones from AliExpress. Description said: 196CC, bore*stroke=68*45mm. So, what is it? 196CC or 163CC? Well, it arrived within a week. That was the only good thing about it. When I opened 1 box I saw it had a cracked filter...
  13. Li'l Popeye

JD2 model 3 tube bender dimensions

Hello, I have a Cowley HPB-40 manual tube bender. It looks like a JD2 model 3 tube bender, so I think it is a Chinese copy. I bought it with several die sets, which were around $90,-/each. But I need another size die set and the company, where I purchased the bender a year ago, no longer sells...
  14. Li'l Popeye

Installation and test of Juggernaut driver on my "Herbie" minibike.

The Chinese torque converters on both my minibikes are doing great, but as I wasn't pleased with the vibrations their drivers create, I was looking for a solution and already modified one driver slightly. I recently ordered "the Juggernaut" named like this by it's seller. I liked the design and...
  15. Li'l Popeye

Anything Goes! Build-from-scratch Dutch minibike 4.0

This years entry will be another minibike. Again a project for me and my 18yo daughter. I really like the 2 minibikes that we've build in 2019 OldMiniBikes build off, and wanted to build another one, to add to the collection. So; here it goes... This Honda GX 160 engine will be used. I purchased it a...
  16. Li'l Popeye

Crankshaft ball bearings

Hello, I'm wondering what ball bearings you use in your engines. And what the service limits are on the ball bearings, as I couldn't find it. I have an engine GX160, which has 0,10mm play up and down at the flywheel. It feels like a lot. What would be the limit to replace the bearings? I'm not...
  17. Li'l Popeye

General Lee minibike.

Hello, This thread will concern the "project and ride" of the General Lee minibike that has just been build. With all of it's problems and ups and downs, like a project is meant to be. The build can be found >>>here<<<. Pictures of the minibike since it has been build can be found >>>in this...
  18. Li'l Popeye

Width of foot-pegs; 24"?

Hello, I'm building a minibike powered by a GX160 with torque converter. I have the torque converter installed and now I am at the point to make foot-pegs for it. Problem is that the engine with the torque converter is a bit wide. And to make the ride comfortable I measure a total distance...
  19. Li'l Popeye

Gas price.

Hello. I was wondering what the gasprice is in the usa, because at the moment here in Netherlands it is €1,70/ltr. When my calculations are right that would mean $7,27/Us gallon.
  20. Li'l Popeye

GX160 piston, rings and other parts

Hello, As I'm new to rebuilding these engines, I have some questions and at the moment I'm rebuilding the first of my GX160 engines I need some parts, but am confused as to what parts to order. All GX160's I have are UT1 or K1. 3 are of type QMDS and 1 is QX4. All serial numbers starting with...