Search results

1. Addicted 2 Minis

Trying to recollect a chopper we had......

Ha, I think I found it, 1974 JC Penny Duster Chopper.
  2. Addicted 2 Minis

Can anyone tell me what this is?

MTD Trail Flite, while I never cared for those, $50 is a bargain for any roller. The wheels are original but the handlebars aren't. I guess Western Auto had one called the SS400, not sure of the differences if any. That company changed hands like 3 times in 4 years so I'm definitely not the...
  3. Addicted 2 Minis

Trying to recollect a chopper we had......

Sounds like a Manco Stars and Stripes to me minus the suspension. Cat was probably the only ones without suspension but I don't think they had a red/white/blue color scheme.
  4. Addicted 2 Minis

The mini bike that brought me here....

It looks like yours has the larger steering tube as found on 69 and up Century series, also found on some later 68 bikes. Although serial numbers don't mean much, yours is in the 23,000 range whereas my 68 with small steering tube is in the 18,000 range. Also the first two digits of the last...
  5. Addicted 2 Minis

Freak-Bikes, Homemades, Customs, Frankenbikes & Oddballs

In some states they won't let you put an engine on a bicycle without registering it as a moped, scooter or motorcycle. Some states won't even let you do what this person did seeing how it's welded to the frame. I've seen people in those states build engine powered wheel driven trailers that...
  6. Addicted 2 Minis

Stolen Cat Demon + Sears

I had a cross-dresser steal a leaf blower from my yard. I posted the video on our FB page and he/she returned it the next day!.
  7. Addicted 2 Minis

GX 160 and MN B-105 Mega Moto

The GX120 and GX160 are great engines. I would search Facebook Market place for an old power washer that has a nice one before I would buy the clone. Not the clones are bad and it would probably last longer than your 10 year old daughters interest in the minibike but nothing beats a genuine Honda.
  8. Addicted 2 Minis

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ******* minibikin *******

You B 50... Sho-nuff
  9. Addicted 2 Minis

Beautiful 1968 Lil Indian complete rebuild

That bike was listed locally for $1,200, I'm sure he probably came down to $1,000. He does good work whether or not it's TOTALLY original. I feel bad for the guy, his work is top notch, his prices are way low and the people who buy his stuff usually double their money on eBay. I don't know why...
  10. Addicted 2 Minis

Stolen Cat Demon + Sears

Not to sound like I'm talking bad about your stuff but was it garbage day?. I've seen some pretty nice stuff that I assumed was for sale that the homeowner was actually throwing away, just a thought.
  11. Addicted 2 Minis

Any ideas on this 2 cycle I just got along with Clinton A400

Wow, that is clean, like you said if it were run that much the decal would have burnt off the clutch. Tecumseh purchased Lauson Power Products in the early-mid 60’s so when looking for parts, it doesn’t hurt to throw the name Tecumseh in along with your search.
  12. Addicted 2 Minis

Old briggs questions

His engine may be NOS but he definitely swapped out the tank and carb. You’re right, the 90’s engines did have a plastic cap and a tank mounted bracket for the controls. Sucks that the edger guy flaked, not to worry though, they’re all over market place from $30-$75.
  13. Addicted 2 Minis

Old briggs questions

The tank and carb you have on there are probably older than the bike. The ones where the pull choke is sideways only have one hole in the tank and only one fuel pickup tube. I think they went away from those in 63/64 in favor of the two hole ones with two pickup tubes. The second tube was to...
  14. Addicted 2 Minis

What throttle is this?, I'm stumped

7/8", I found another throttle in my junk pile that is similar but it was damaged as well. funny thing about it was it had an OGK grip on it too, maybe I'm on to something?.
  15. Addicted 2 Minis

Here's one of the Odeon throttles that the other member with the same bike said he replaced his with and the Cherry throttle that looks damn near identical but longer. The only other near original bike has what looks like an Odeon throttle but with different grips (last picture). The Odeon has a...
  16. Addicted 2 Minis

Here's the Doherty that has the closest housing but the the ferrule is push in, not threaded and it has a plastic throttle tube. I was reading a post where the member said he replaced his throttle with the correct "Odeon" brand. A lot of old school guys say they also used "Cherry" branded OGK...
  17. Addicted 2 Minis

I agree but you can see the front lines up but the back doesn't. The whole reason I'm looking for another is that the threads in the top part were stripped and the throttle tube was squished. I tried making the throttle tube round again but it started to crack at the casting seam. I'd repair...
  18. Addicted 2 Minis

That's another weird thing, all the British throttles have the push in ferrule, this one has the threaded adjuster. I guess I should have included that in the pictures. The ball end of the cable fits snug in the throttle tube, I don't think it had any type of adapter there. I've tried using BSA...
  19. Addicted 2 Minis

It's not often when I can't figure something out but this throttle assembly has me STUMPED!. It was on a 1968 Bonanza and the bike appears to have original everything. The Bonanza guru's say that they used "Cherry" branded OGK grips and Doherty throttles. Mine has OGK grips but not with the...
  20. Addicted 2 Minis

Any ideas on this 2 cycle I just got along with Clinton A400

Those were the old Maytag engines, they're really cool to see running at the antique engine shows. Funny what we think is cool now was a noisy burden that was a necessity to get the laundry done then.