Search results

1. I74

This weather sucks - ''Big Lolly'' !!

We got frigg'n ''creemed'' here in E central Iowa the last few days,, & on top of the record snow,, we had 2 blizzards,, & are currently going into a deep freeze,, the next few days also .. o_O Current temp. this Sat morn. here,, is around -16*f ,with the wind chill. Around midnight tonight...
  2. I74

Happy new years !!!

Hope everybody is A-ok good. :) Ian
  3. I74

Been catching up on my R/C Aircraft projects & flying ,, this season.

Last couple of years I have not done as much R/C stuff,, due to Mini & Kart builds,, plus a ''freak' catastrophic weather event. First pic. is of a 1.6m '' rare vintage'' Discus Sailplane that I got this last winter from a Buddy in Co. It was in bad shape when I got it, from being crashed/...
  4. I74

OEM aluminum Honda flywheel for GX-200

Found NR racing sells these genuine ''OEM Honda''' aluminum flywheels, for around 52 bucks + ship. You have to use a 4* key for the GX-200, because that flywheel was originally set up for the GX-160. Sucker only weighs 3.3 lbs. ! :p I talked to one of the Gurus @ NR racing, & told him that...
  5. I74

RIP John Madden

Pic taken in 1970, with ''my wife's cousin'' - Daryle LaMonica
  6. I74

H.F. 10% off ''1'' item ''in store & online'',, - ''no exclusions''.. - 12/10/21 through 12/12/21

Thought you Guys might like this,, was in my e- mail's this morning. Looks like this will work for Predator's. ;) I
  7. I74

Got ''hosed'' @ KFC today.

Went into KFC for ''2'' crispy chicken sandwiches that are ''still' advertised on TV @ $3.99 ea. ,, & the prices they showed for them were almost 5 bucks ea. ! I told the ''20 someth'n'' Guy, that I ''just'' seen the ad on TV for $3.99,, & his reply was,, ''well ,the prices went up'',, & he...
  8. I74

Nice to work on a Big twin Harley again.

04 Softail Deuce, that I'am fixing elect. problems & doing mods on, for a Guy. It's not ''old school'', but am still dig'n it. :cool: Old School for me when I started riding,, was Knuckleheads & Pans. New stuff was Shovelheads,, which ''will always be'', my all time fav.
  9. I74

Vintage Miss Budweiser electric R/C Hydroplane.

A bit of off topic viewing for anyone interested... Have always had a soft spot for Unlimited Hydroplanes, especially the Miss Budweiser's,, from the 80's & early 90's. For many years,, I have been searching for another MRP 1/12 scale electric R/C Miss Budweiser, as I had one back in the...
  10. I74

Counterfeit NGK spark plugs - ''Buyer beware'' !!

While looking on flea bay for NGK Iridium IX spark plugs for my car,, I found a bunch of vendors peddling ''supposed'' authentic ones, for between 14 & 28 bucks,, ''on a set of 4''. The ''real deal'' plugs average around 10 bucks a piece from Auto parts stores ect... In looking @ a few...
  11. I74

''Super nice'' 1980 Yamaha QT50 ''Yamahopper''

My Buddy Fred gave me this to fix up & sell. It runs & rides superb,, & starts so easy,, you can start it with your hand. I soldered in a brand new ''upgraded'' charge coil. Has a custom induction tube & cone high flow filter. Also massaged the Mikuni on it ect. All lights work,, even the horn...
  12. I74

Here is a pic of me in 05'.

Thought some of you might like to see what I did during course of my career,, before I came down with a health issue, ''plus age'',, around 6-7 years ago.. This is a pic of me when I worked for a Lamborghini dealership in 05'. P/S,, My ''long hair'' is tied back,, & I ''still'' have it back...
  13. I74

That Derikquob/ Davinsype, is logged in & lurking on here again.

Remember the other day with the B.S. ads this Bozo was popping up in our threads everywhere ?? Well,, it's back. :rolleyes: Same person,, 2 accounts,, & I'll bet my OldMiniBikes supporting membership on it. It joined last Tues. 3/9, @ 5:49am & 6:53am.
  14. I74

Most beautiful pic I have ever seen.

I ''Slope fly'' R/C Sailplanes. It's Kind of like they do Para sails & Hang gliders. Basically use the lift coming up the hill or Mtn. to keep you flying. I call this pic - ''Slope Heaven''. 2nd pic is where I' am slope flying my 2m DG - 1000 with a Bald Eagle. Flew with him for around 4...
  15. I74

Very good cond. ''chrome'' Coyote racing Kart pedals from the 80's

These pedals were painted over black years ago, & because of that,, the paint pretty much preserved them & protected the chrome. I removed the paint with acetone, & am amazed of the overall actual cond. of them. They have a few blemishes ect., where things have rubbed,, but you gott'a look...
  16. I74

Got a new electric Go Kart ''winter'' project idea rolling around in my head.

I have been thinking about an 1800 - 2000w, 48v brushless Go Kart project for this winter. It would be powered by 2 - 48v, 13s - 4p packs run in parallel. Each pack has 52 - 18650 - 3000ma cells. Am looking everyday on the Facebook classifieds for this area, & also on Craigslist,, for...
  17. I74

Getting rid of clutch sprocket chatter

Just came up with this slick idea for eliminating clutch sprocket chatter, & to help in slowing down wear of the sprocket & drum ''sprocket splines'' & snap ring ect. Have some of this Ideal ''Pro'' synthetic garage door lube, & was just servicing the clutch to get ready for my Memorial day...
  18. I74

Am building my Buddy a bike from scratch, with a MM 80 -105 frame,, & Tillotson 196R engine, ect.

My buddy just ordered a ''Buttload'' of parts, for me to build him a custom Mini. He want's me to build him a bike close to my GX - 200 I will keep you posted on the up coming progress. ;) I