Search results

1. Np02

Engine dies when letting off of gas

Governor was removed
  2. Np02

Engine dies when letting off of gas

I like my ruttman bike but have not been able to properly enjoy it for quite some time due to the engine (predator 212) always giving me issues. I've had a couple of ongoing issues come up that I have ironed out however for almost a year it has had the same issue that I've been to ignorant to...
  3. Np02

Sprocket sizes VS speed

so am i getting from this that even using a max torque clutch will still burn out at a 12 - 48 ratio just as bad as it would burn out a cheaper clutch at the same ratio?
  4. Np02

Sprocket sizes VS speed

No jackshaft. Straight from the clutch to the sprocket attached to the hub and not an axle. I believe the diameter was just past 12 inches on the rear wheel. Taking a look at some pictures I had it turns out the clutch on it is a max torque so I might be able to get away with having a 46 or 48...
  5. Np02

Sprocket sizes VS speed

I have a 4.10/3.50-6 for the rear - is that smaller than most? Seems like I'm pretty limited in my options then for changing sprocket sizes as all my options lead up to the same price point as well as all wearing down the clutch. For the same price I could get the "max torque" clutch. Are the...
  6. Np02

Sprocket sizes VS speed

Most of my rides aren't that long, say maybe 3 or 4 miles at a time. It is also on flat roads with very few points where I need to slow down or give it more gas. If Im not going on and off of the throttle or giving it so much gas that Im lifting up the front wheel off of the ground every time I...
  7. Np02

Predator 212 hard to start + rip your arm off

I posted on the diygokart forums here: http://www.diygokarts.com/vb/showthread.php?t=40716 I have a 212 with no governor which requires a lot of pulling force to start, while also every once in a while will fire and engage the recoil starter and pull it back with a lot of force, and I am all...
  8. Np02

Sprocket sizes VS speed

'69 ruttman wild goose
  9. Np02

Sprocket sizes VS speed

I meant that its un-governed and can blow if I give it enough gas
  10. Np02

Sprocket sizes VS speed

My bike has an ungoverned 212 harbor freight engine on it with a 12 tooth clutch and a 60 tooth rear sprocket. The displacement is quite a bit large for a bike so small that the gas tank wont fit on the engine. The power it produces does not get used to its full potential as I am almost always...
  11. Np02

Snow set up questions

Ill have to see what happens again as some of this will melt and freeze again. A little late for me to be getting into this. All I need to do now is install a hitch and buy a dirt bike rack. the advantages of a civic versus a pickup contnues once more.
  12. Np02

Snow set up questions

How deep of a thread would you reccomend? For most of my use in the winter the amount of snow I would be driving over would vary greatly anywhere from a dusting to about an inch give or take once the plow comes through. Just wondering what they would do on clear pavement.
  13. Np02

Snow set up questions

Could probably work but most times its usually just very caked up snow. But ill probably try this this week as we have had some lovely freezing rain piling up lately :)
  14. Np02

Snow set up questions

More than likely the snow will start melting before I get around to setting up a "snow" rig, but I'm still hopeful. The question of the day is would a purpose built snow tire work better (and how much better) than just making a chain setup that I could deflate the tire and then add on and air...
  15. Np02

Help identify??

Should have taken a clue when the guy said he had a race with his friend to see who could build a bike the fastest and cheapest... But it could be worse. Plus it now has a fanny pack.
  16. Np02

Help identify??

About 2 years ago I bought a mini bike to mess around with and had zero knowledge about them going in. I bought a "Ruttman mini-bike" on the higher priced side as I wanted something in better condition and wouldn't require much maintenance. I've recently have been wanting to give it an upgrade...