Search results

1. Np02

Engine dies when letting off of gas

I like my ruttman bike but have not been able to properly enjoy it for quite some time due to the engine (predator 212) always giving me issues. I've had a couple of ongoing issues come up that I have ironed out however for almost a year it has had the same issue that I've been to ignorant to...
  2. Np02

Predator 212 hard to start + rip your arm off

I posted on the diygokart forums here: http://www.diygokarts.com/vb/showthread.php?t=40716 I have a 212 with no governor which requires a lot of pulling force to start, while also every once in a while will fire and engage the recoil starter and pull it back with a lot of force, and I am all...
  3. Np02

Sprocket sizes VS speed

My bike has an ungoverned 212 harbor freight engine on it with a 12 tooth clutch and a 60 tooth rear sprocket. The displacement is quite a bit large for a bike so small that the gas tank wont fit on the engine. The power it produces does not get used to its full potential as I am almost always...
  4. Np02

Snow set up questions

More than likely the snow will start melting before I get around to setting up a "snow" rig, but I'm still hopeful. The question of the day is would a purpose built snow tire work better (and how much better) than just making a chain setup that I could deflate the tire and then add on and air...
  5. Np02

Help identify??

About 2 years ago I bought a mini bike to mess around with and had zero knowledge about them going in. I bought a "Ruttman mini-bike" on the higher priced side as I wanted something in better condition and wouldn't require much maintenance. I've recently have been wanting to give it an upgrade...