Search results

1. F

Tecumseh on a Renyolds minibike

Well, i got it for $75....he dropped the price on his ad before I got back to tell him I'd meet him....cool. Are there any key words I could put in an auto search on eBay for the items that'll complete it? I'm in no hurry to round up all the stuff..... I'm pretty stoked, this had a Tecumseh...
  2. F

Hey, guys I really appreciate you taking the time to reply and give me the guidance I needed... Hopefully he still has it by the time I get home from work, today. I'll still keep the MB on the back burner until this uprising/covid thing subsides. I'll just set the engine aside and look for a...
  3. F

$100 bill......hmmmm That model # indicate 5hp or 4hp? Will the older metal type tanks fit without extensive modification?
  4. F

Hey, guys! I've put pretty much every hobby on hold with the uncertainty of everything. I've been putting money in other places, for now- so I've been MIA and put the minibike on the back burner. However, this engine was just posted locally and is supposed to be NOS. I was on the hunt more...
  5. F

What to take on a 100 mile ride?

Well, looks like you have it covered......be sure to take pics of the journey and share them, here...
  6. F

Alexander Reynolds Project Thread

That's a great idea on selling this tire and just buying two new ones. I think this one will cleanup. I do like this tread pattern better than others, though. I wouldn't care a bit to weld it but I'd feel more comfortable if I had access to a lathe to turn them both close in tolerance so I...
  7. F

Wanted: AC Delco LM46B Spark Plugs

"Glow as you mow" Yeah, nothing in searches....I now just drove the price up 10,000%! haha
  8. F

Wanted: AC Delco LM46B Spark Plugs

Even used ones. I need about 8-10 but can't swing eBay prices for them. I don't see any discussions about them from a quick search. They are like a CJ14, if I recall. We had one in a Lawnboy I used when I was a kid. The porcelain would light up every time it hit. It was just a cool...
  9. F

Comment by 'Flathead Youngin' in media 'tire comparison'

Is this old vs. reproduction?
  10. F

Ahhhh, this is exactly what I was looking for!
  11. F

I'm excited about it. My 12yr old is learning a lot just from the process. Things he'll carry with him when I'm long gone lol. I'm excited for my kids to ride it, also. I've got to find an engine, I'll be the hold up. Along with figuring out how to get these shocks apart and if they are...
  12. F

Here are some shots of the swing arm we PC'd tonight. Lesson learned. On the rim, we cleaned it with rubbing alcohol and then prebaked it to off-gas it. On the swing arm, we wiped it down with rubbing alcohol but didn't off-gas it. Old black paint that was not visible after sandblasting was...
  13. F

Ooops, I guess where I posted my introduction pretty close to the same time, I didn't think about putting original pics in here- that would make too much sense! https://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/introduction-and-throw-back-pics.167792/#post-1225747
  14. F

Hmmm, trying pics here...
  15. F

Ok, we got an Eastwood powder coating system for Christmas, so we had to try it out. The front rim was the first victim. Here's some shots of the rim, before... Here's some shots after sandblasting, welding the old valve stem hole shut (rusted out badly, there's another flat spot on the...
  16. F

Skate board wheels for chain / belt tensioners.

Thanks man! That looks factory.... I've got to come up with something similar for mine. The arc of the swing arm loosens the chain and sometimes it flys off....
  17. F

I74, grab us a couple more shots of that tensioner/chain guide when you get a chance.... Thanks!
  18. F

There what I'm calling, from the ATV/Dirtbike world, a swing arm shaft. With regards to a jackshaft, I have pictured in my head clutch to jackshaft/sprocket then on opposite side of the bike would be another sprocket on the jackshaft then to the rear sprocket on the wheel. Do I have this right...
  19. F

I need to fab up something like this for the ARCO. The pivot arc on the rear swing arm changes at you hit bumps causing it to lose tension and pop, off the chain goes.... I guess I should mock this up before I sand blast and powder coat!!
  20. F

Comment by 'Flathead Youngin' in media 'IMG_20191117_082439.jpg'

Ok, what does something like this cost and what is the turn around time....