Search results

1. FunWithStuff

Wtb cat mx duster chain guard

I'll DM you to tell you what I've done in the past.
  2. FunWithStuff

I don't blame you for wanting a metal original I personally am the same way but I've used fiberglass as substitutes until I've come across the real thing. And they're not like "any old clutch cover" they are the same design just put some chrome spray paint on it and apply it the right way and...
  3. FunWithStuff

You can get a fiberglass one. I've used them before and they work pretty well. Look at this reply from the link below for more information on how to reach out to the guy who makes them: https://oldminibikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/nos-cat-clutch-guard.178790/post-1330084
  4. FunWithStuff

Seat Dimensions Thread

I'll add another seat with dimensions in here: Cat 250X Front Width: 5.5 inches Back Width: 7.75 inches Overall Length: 11.75 inches with a slant on the top Height: 2.75 inches
  5. FunWithStuff

CAT Roller, JC Penney Duster MX

I also think this is a Duster MX. If it was a Dominator type model you would see mounting tabs on the top of the frame for a fuel tank and kill switch but those seem to be missing on this model.
  6. FunWithStuff

Hillarious ad on Craigslist

Yeah I'm not too familiar with the model but it wouldn't surprise me if it is rare. I'm more curious why someone chose that model truck to look like Mater because he's actually based off of a different model.
  7. FunWithStuff

Hillarious ad on Craigslist

Have another funny ad. This is a nice truck if anyone wants one and likes Cars (the Disney movie) haha. This one is from the Marketplace. https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1051637649230210/?mibextid=3fSFeF
  8. FunWithStuff

Brake caliper to fit Cat Hpe Muskin???

So I looked into this some more and it looks like Cat did use different brake setups on the Slingshots so I was mostly wrong. I found an ad of what I believe was the very first Slingshot (maybe from 1970). I believe the orange "X3" decal was the very first production of the Slingshots. They...
  9. FunWithStuff

Brake caliper to fit Cat Hpe Muskin???

The Cat Slingshot didn't have a disc brake. It originally had a drum brake that went inside the sprocket and mounted on the frame. That's probably why the disc brake didn't work for you because it wasn't designed for one to go on it.
  10. FunWithStuff

HPE Muskin Cat minibike factory and tooling.

If you can't find a set from anyone on this site if you are patient enough some will more than likely come up on eBay eventually. Cat handlebars were the exact same on all models except the Choppers like the Duster or Hustler so the handlebars you need aren't too hard to come by.
  11. FunWithStuff

Seat Dimensions Thread

Hey everyone! I wanted to make this thread with the intention of posting measurements/dimensions of seats used on some old mini bikes. I thought this would be a great reference thread for anyone that is looking to make or recreate a seat since many didn't survive on mini bikes over the years...
  12. FunWithStuff

Cat kickstand

Me and Skipp talked about that sissy bar but I didn't end up getting it because I was unsure if it was an actual Cat part or one someone tried to fabricate. The tubing was 5/8" on his while Cat sissy bars used 1/2" tubing. I measured a Slingshot sissy bar I had to confirm that. The space between...
  13. FunWithStuff

Weather/ storms

Here in Tennessee weather can change from warm to freezing cold in a heartbeat. Last Thursday we had a high of about 60 degrees. Now it's about 0 degrees and a lot of snow and ice!
  14. FunWithStuff

The first digit(s) indicate the year of your Cat. A "9" means your bike is a 1969 Cat 400X, the first year the were sold.
  15. FunWithStuff

Candy apple red is the original color of the 400X so you have an original paint color. Could you share some photos of your bike? Would really like to see what you have! If any patents still exist for Cat minibikes I'm sure they're long forgotten about and would probably require a tedious...
  16. FunWithStuff

I'd assume you're wanting to know the exact dimensions of every part on your Cat 400X or just the frame? I don't know any of those dimensions nor how HPE Muskin manufactured them almost no information is available about their manufacturing processes. A few years back I was able to contact a...
  17. FunWithStuff

Cat Chain Guard

Amazing progress & great samples! You might could take your sample images and find a color palette or maybe an online book of colors and find a color that matches. EDIT: I found a site that you could try: https://www.color-meanings.com/list-of-colors-names-hex-codes/
  18. FunWithStuff

FIBERGLASS Cat Chainguard & FIBERGLASS Switch Plate

And to add on to that honestly if I put an item for sale and the first thing you do is come and complain about the price guess what? That's an automatic deal breaker for me and you're not getting the part nor will I be open to offers after such a comment. If others are willing to buy it for the...
  19. FunWithStuff

No the originals are a one wire toggle switch. They would ground on the engine motor plate by connecting to a wire coming from the coil I'm pretty sure. Here's a photo I have of an original toggle switch...
  20. FunWithStuff

Oh yeah and I forgot to mention that Cat actually made two different switch plates as well a large one and small one so it depends on what bike @MiniBike Paul has that will determine what switch plate he will need. I don't know of any small plates that are available right now.