Search results

1. Caveman_Iron

Tecumseh H30 won't start, need help...

Thank you for the input! Yes, the fuel is new, I am using "tru-fuel" as it is ethanol free. I have ordered an aftermarket carb, I didn't know if maybe it was sucking air through the carb? waiting for it to come in. I have opened the crank case since my last post, and the cam shaft and crank...
  2. Caveman_Iron

Timing an engine with feeler gauges?

Cool, Thank you both for the confirmation. I made sure to disconnect the capacitor and replace the screw, basically followed the Tecumseh tech training video. Hoping a new carb will get this damn thing running....
  3. Caveman_Iron

Timing an engine with feeler gauges?

In theory, can I time my engine with a machinist square across the top of the cylinder and feeler gauges? I have been trying, realizing that there is a .019 gap at TDC between the square and the piston, by stacking a .035, .030 and .019 to set the BTDC of .065 (from the Tec. book Tecumseh H30)...
  4. Caveman_Iron

Yes, I removed and replaced the welch plugs, cleaning the passageways with a small wire, they all appeared clear. I also replaced needle assembly & seat- set float to level with the bowel gasket flange (when inverted from running/mounted orientation), new bowel gasket. New idle needle, o ring...
  5. Caveman_Iron

Hello All, I need some help and advice from the masters on this page. While I am not a novice when it comes to small engines, this is the most in depth I have gone working on one. Here is what's up: I got this 70s ARCO E-Z Rider from my mother in law 13-ish years ago. It is a H30 -35176J -...