Search results

1. V

3HP & 5HP Flathead size differences?

Hey folks, can someone tell me the size difference between a 3hp and 5hp flathead? I'm looking to get more power out of my bike but am not sure the 5hp will fit since a predator did not. thanks!
  2. V

Grinding butterly stop on Pulsa Jet carb?

Hey y'all, while doing research about the usual posts covering trying to get a little more power out of 3hp briggs flathead I saw someone mention grinding a bit off the top of your carb that stops the throttle plate from continuing to rotate. By throttle plate I mean the one that your idle...
  3. V

Will extending my exhaust on a 3hp give my engine more power?

I see a lot of folks running straight pipes on their bikes rather than the stock muffler. Will this help give your engine more power or is it mostly an aesthetic choice? I'm wondering if running a straight pipe with my stock muffler attached to the end of it would make any performance difference.
  4. V

looking for a little gear ratio help from the pros

Hey y'all, I'm working on planing out a diy build from an Old Briggs 80202 3hp I got running thanks to this forum. I have a pretty odd italjet bambino mini dirtbike frame I plan on cutting up to build a more traditional looking minibike. Probably just going to reuse the swing arm and fork. I...
  5. V

HELP! I can't get my 3 HP Briggs to start

hey folks, I'm starting a new thread since my last one was specifically about diaphragm functions. I am trying to trouble shoot my Magnetron 3HP Briggs 80202 that won't start. I just installed a new diaphragm and carb to tank gasket thinking that would get it running. I also cleaned the carb...
  6. V

Briggs tankmount pulsajet diaphragm question

Hi y'all. I have a tank mount 3hp briggs with a pulsajet carb. I am trying to get it to run and am waiting on a new diaphragm to come in the mail. Is the sole purpose of the diaphragm to pump fuel from the large tank to the smaller well within the fuel tank? I ask because I can't get my...
  7. V

New here, just scored a 3HP brigs for free

Hey y'all I Just scored a free 3hp briggs that appears to be in decent shape. Its on an old King O Lawn Reel mower. It has good spark and the carb/tank cleaned up pretty well with some pine sol and vinegar. I'm just waiting on some gaskets to come in the mail so I can see if it runs. I've...