Search results

1. E

1970 vs 1971 Rupp blue color difference

Send them a message. They are super helpful for me. I used the paint code that had provided for the red for 1970 Roadster. I had a pant supply place mix up the paint. I used acrylic urethane. Came out fantastic! Color is right on.
  2. E

H50 Snow blower motor

Speaking of parts. Where can you get new parts for the Hs40? Pistons and rings in particular
  3. E

Merry Christmas to all!

Merry Christmas
  4. E

Lighting Coil Questions

Thanks, Again guys. Yes I know the squared housing is undesirable. It’s what’s been on there since I had it for about 34 years. So to me it looks normal. I do think about changing it though. I do have an early HS40. I’m not sure what to do with. It would need the crank tapped and the...
  5. E

Lighting Coil Questions

Great info guys thanks for the replies. Ok so not all bad here. I do want the Rupp to use original lights and bulbs so the coil I have is no good. But the flywheel is good. I does use CDI ignition or what I would call electronic ignition. I took the HS50 that’s on the bike apart and...
  6. E

Lighting Coil Questions

I went to an automotive swap meet this past Sunday and found a pile of crap snowblower with to my surprise had a to what I believe a HS50 on it with a lighting coil! I paid 25 bucks for it and lugged it home. I got it running and the light works. Question. There is only one wire. I was...
  7. E

1971 HS40

Did you sand blast those parts or something else?
  8. E

1971 HS40

Great Work! Cant wait to see it done
  9. E

1970 rupp sprint needs help looking for ideas

it’s worth putting some money into. You have a lot there. Just a FYI. There is a swap meet on Sunday May 6 at Rentscher Field in East Hartford. It’s an Automotive type meet but there is always small engines, go kart mini bike stuff too. You could probably fine a nice vintage Tecumseh engine...
  10. E

1972 Tecumseh HS40 slanted

Beautiful job!
  11. E

1970 Rupp Roadster rolling project bike

Where are you located?
  12. E

What to use for exhaust pipe?

Just got this one for my 1970 Roadster from black widow motor sports. Super nice piece.
  13. E

What to use for exhaust pipe?

Nice! Thats a neat way to mock it up. I bet the pipe looks great
  14. E

HS50 shearing key

Same thing happened to me. Always just tightened by hand. I used a torque wrench on my HS50 and was surprised how much farther it went before the wrench clicked. Have not sheared a key on it since
  15. E

How to break a tire bead, easy way

To seat the bead. If your daring. I’ve done this with success before. Use some sort of flammable aerosol spray. I like silicone spray. Spray inside the tire a good mist and light it. It will blow up and seat the bead. Be careful if you do this. It works like a charm. Maybe google a video...
  16. E

How to break a tire bead, easy way

Good tip. I’ve used my log splitter before works good too
  17. E

Rust in gas tank?

Wow some good info here. That tanks looks rough. I’ll just add what I did to my tank that wasn’t as bad as yours. I filled mine with vinegar. Just white distilled vinegar from the grocery store about 3 bucks a gallon here. I filled the tank and let it sit for a week. I then poured fish...
  18. E

My childhood minibike

Keep it. The little money you get for it will be forgotten quickly. Find a spot to store it. I kept my Rupp in the attic for years. I thought about selling many times. Glad I didn’t. I regained interest in it again and when I’m done I’ll put it away again. I’ve owned it for 32 years or...
  19. E

Rupp parts

Ok. How about the rear one? Just the 15239 assembly. It’s the same as the front. Sorry if I missed that be saved or sold previously
  20. E

Rupp parts

I’m interested in the front brake 15239 assembly with cable and lever