Search results

1. I

Mounting plate holes

OK so i measured the dimensions of an old 5 hp. clinton. width= 2 and 3/4 inch height= 6 inches. could this be right? these are the holes i have drilled in my mounting plate and i need a new engine
  2. I

Thunderbird Engine swap help!

i have a manco thunderbird. it had a 5 hp Clinton engine on it. it ran like crap. I took it off only to realize the guy who had it before really forced it into that frame. im talking bent mounting bolts and it appears he drilled right through the side of part of the frame. Take a look at the...
  3. I

My new bike!

i bought it for 175 cash... the guy said it was a manco thunderbird or something? mid eighties or so. It screams, around 35 or so. 5 hp briggs. rides pretty rough. backfires a bit. no exhaust pipe. fire comes our of where it should be. I think he custom built part of the carb, like the choke...
  4. I

What do you think about this?

SPEEDCO 3 WHEELER think its a good deal? i'd probably put a new engine in it. from the pictures do you think it needs a torque converter or what?
  5. I

South Texas Hunting Rig

notice the camo job. the gun rack, the flag. thats how its done here in south texas baby complements and constructive criticism welcome
  6. I

Output Shaft Screw lost!!

my output shaft screw came off and my torque converter fell apart haha. But i dont know what size screw im lookin at? its a briggs 3.5 hp probably from the seventies? and the shaft size is 5/8
  7. I

Dry LUBE?

What type of dry lubricant am i looking for? for a torque converter
  8. I

how much does it affect performance?

how much does not lubing your comet torque converter affect performance? and is it necessary? and if so what should i use
  9. I

How many sizes smaller?

if u had to guess how many belt sizes do you think i should go down? 1 or 2. i measured and the one i came up with was Way to big. i put a photo
  10. I

Belt size photos

Ok so i measured it out and this is the belt thats supposed to fit. its kinda old. tell me what you think. it doesnt work very well...
  11. I

CAMO-ed out

Ok i'd love to put camouflage cover on my mini bike. just over the basic stuff though. like bars and stuff. Im not gonna paint it. i want to wrap it. Its verryy expensivve to buy the atv or truck wrap. any ideas?
  12. I

Belt size

OK so i have a torque converter. i think its a series 20, or 30? anyways. i barely have ANY take off power. I can take the belt off with my hands without dismantling anything. it used to have good takeoff power with this belt size. I have never measured anything. i just went to northern tool and...
  13. I

is it worth it?>

what type of bike is it and is it a good deal Mini Bike Frame
  14. I

new sick jump

YouTube - Old school mini bike jump
  15. I

Good deal?

Mini Bike 5 HP any idea what type it is
  16. I

Chain alignment

On my K&s hornet every rotation of the tire the chain is strained and very tight. I cant tell if its the jackshaft or tire and i dont know what to do
  17. I

Belt measure

How do you make sure u get the correct belt size on a series 20 comet torque converter
  18. I

Mini bike jump

YouTube - Old school mini bike jump dangerous but fun. That was the harshest landing even with suspension!
  19. I

what is it

mini bike
  20. I

toque converter belt

I have a slacking torque converter and i think its the belt. i am not sure if the size is right. Those of you with torque converters that have the right belt size, can you take your belt off without disassembling it or anything. just pulling/wedging it off. cause i can