Search results

1. Jordan29312

224 build question

I used just a regular super x 265 cam made for a gx200 in my 224 and only had to clearance between the lobes I didnt touch the comp release and it runs just fine
  2. Jordan29312

Flea market find

I just went and checked and it says 78 its older than I thought, surprised it runs so good for being so old and neglected
  3. Jordan29312

Flea market find

Nice, I just found the same thing at a yard sale and they lady gave it to me for free but it only has a 2 hp. Probably too weak to do anything with but I couldnt turn down free and it runs good, i really like the look of flatheads i just wish I could find a 5hp
  4. Jordan29312

Solution to a cam problem

I have 3 different engines and they all do this 1 is built the other 2 are stock. You can only hear it when you turn the engine by hand and not when you pull on the pull start. I think it's just the compression realease because it only does it when valves are tight. I just ran them anyway and...
  5. Jordan29312

The government screws New Mexico again!

The gila and Lincoln national Forrest are still open, and the restrictions will probably only be there till the middle of summer when the rains come I doubt they will be closed till December
  6. Jordan29312

Putting tc on rt200

I just used the cheapest kit on Amazon i could find, but I would probably recommend getting a better one because the bolt holes on the mounting plate didn't line up and I had to drill new holes. not a big deal if you have a drill but it was inconvient. And no I didn't have to cut off the bottom...
  7. Jordan29312

Can I start my mini bike without the clutch or torque converter attached?

Dang I can't believe your tc didn't fit, I know you asked me on my thread and I said ya because mine fit without risers. I wonder if the one you got is slightly bigger you would think they would all be the same size, you should post some pics of your new exhaust I want to get a header for mine
  8. Jordan29312

Putting tc on rt200

Ya the foot peg definitely needs an extension nowthe first time I rode it with the tav I didn't use a cover and didnt realize I needed to watch my left foot. The driven ate my shoe lol that could've been bad, so now I watch my foot when I ride because I ride without the cover most of the time...
  9. Jordan29312

Putting tc on rt200

Ya mine has the 3 bolt hole, which nobody makes sprockets for it sucks
  10. Jordan29312

Putting tc on rt200

Thanks for that link to the sprocket adapter I think that's what I'll have to get because I can't find any sprocket to fit that pattern beside the stock one which I guess is 53t not 50?
  11. Jordan29312

Putting tc on rt200

Originally I thought I couldn't change out the jets in the stock carb because where the bolt that hold the float bowl on is suppose to be it's just a flat piece of metal but I realized after a while you can just grab onto the washer with a pair of pliers real tight and it unscrews like normal...
  12. Jordan29312

Putting tc on rt200

No I didn't need anything extra it was awesome! No riser plate it fit without it and the stock chain was the perfect length didn't have to mess with it at all. It was really a simple swap. As far as the jets yes you will need to rejet it I just put a new air cleaner on but left the stock...
  13. Jordan29312

Putting tc on rt200

Yes I stayed with stock sprocket 50 tooth and the 10 tooth on the driven pulley I wish I could get a bigger rear sprocket I need more torque. I'm a big guy I weigh 320+ pounds and it's not even close to popping wheelies with me on it. The rpms at top speed are around 3800 at 35 to 40 mph it...
  14. Jordan29312

Putting tc on rt200

Ya it's a tao tao engine, dang that cooling shroud sounds important maybe I should just try putting it back on and cutting a hole in it to make it fit
  15. Jordan29312

Putting tc on rt200

This is what the bike looks like now
  16. Jordan29312

Putting tc on rt200

There seems to be hardly any info about rt200 and rb200 coleman bikes. one thing I found out is theres no modifications needed to put a torque converter on it's just bolt and go I only had to remove the heat shield. The stock engines on these come with a 3/4" crank shaft not 5/8 like the other...