Search results

1. vegetable

Crankshaft drill and tap

hey all, just a quick question, am I able to drill out a hole and tap it to accept a bolt in my crankshaft? the shaft doesnt have a hole for one and I want to use a cvt drive with this engine. attached is the shaft, i do have a drill press if that makes things easier to start the drill
  2. vegetable

snowblower 2 stroke modifications

Hey all, I recently picked up a 2 stroke motor from a snowblower to use on one of my projects. Rated at 6.5 hp with 141cc, what size carburetor should i run and what kind of pipe? I was thinking a 24mm carburetor and i recently picked up a world circuit pipe from a kx250 that im going to cut and...
  3. vegetable

How to fix an untrue wheel

every time i buy a wheel from gopowersports this always happens https://streamable.com/ryc4av getting a bit tired of my drive wheels doing this, i have no money to buy another (and it probably will be the same), how can i fix it?
  4. vegetable

my motovox project

finally time i posted something like this, wanted to show through what has been a huge learning experience building my motovox. I still have loads to learn but its come so far from when I first picked up the roller a couple years ago. 10/06/21 - frame acquired and test engine mocked up at my...
  5. vegetable

how to fit cvt without engine risers

trying to figure out how to fit a torque converter to my 212 without raising the engine, i have the adjustable motor mount plate from GPS, i tried cutting the metal between the holes but its too slow, the only way i see fitting it with just a half inch of height. slotting the holes will let me...
  6. vegetable

How to adjust float height?

I have a 24mm mikuni on my setup and cant seem to fix a leaky fuel bowl. It drips gas a little bit out the overflow when i start to ride the bike, and dont know why. I had to replace the needle a couple times due to running a fuel pump and attempting to adjust float height. Im not sure if i did...
  7. vegetable

ec 263r... worth it for big power?

been looking into the 263r rotating assembly on their website. I want to build a 3" block at some point and found these kits for sale on EC's website. Is it all drop in or do i need to machine the piston to compensate for the 58mm stroke? I dont want that high of a compression ratio (10:1 is my...
  8. vegetable

piston to valve clearance

Would I be ok running a .308 cam with 1.2 ratio rockers, .065 milled head and a .032 head gasket? I want to make sure the valves wont be able to hit the piston but since this is my first time doing up a head like this how can i check
  9. vegetable

Tillotson 212 seems to be cutting out around 6000 rpm and not revving further

Hi, I have a stage 2 tillotson and it seems like when i get to around 6000 rpm the engines cuts out a little and will prevent me from revving out the engine even more. Any ideas? Here is a video showcasing the issue. https://streamable.com/8jnn0f
  10. vegetable

anyone know how to replicate this setup?

I've been researching on how to do a charging system with a strong aluminum flywheel just like in Red Beard's video? reason why is I have electrics on my bike and dont want to constantly charge my battery, and as well as running cdi ignition (i also do not have electric start)
  11. vegetable

420cc turbo oiling

At moment planning to build a powerful 420cc with those cheap vz21 turbos and have a question about how i would get oil to the turbo. could I run bungs off the OEM drain bolts and use an electic oil pump to get oil pressure through the turbo? or should I have a separate tank for the oil and oil...
  12. vegetable

tillotson 212 billet flywheel installed ran for a bit and now only pops a few times

i have a tilly 212 on which i just installed a billet flywheel, it ran great for a few lapd around my yard before dying and unable to be restarted. every time i try to restart it, all it does is run for a half second and then immediately die. if i get throttle on it, it backfires through the...
  13. vegetable

minibike drive wheel has a lot of drag

Hi all, my wheel seems to drag a lot when i was lubricating my chain today. I was spinning the wheel around and it just barely went around 1.5 times before stopping. Is this normal chain drag or is it drag caused from the brakes? I will try to get a video of it sometime tomorrow
  14. vegetable

Tillotson 212 22mm carb bolts loosened while riding, now wont start

I was riding my mini when i suddenly lost power and when i pulled into my garage i saw my carb manifold bolts on the head were loose. took engine off cause I needed to do an oil change anyway, when i finished reassembly of the carb bolts (tightened down), replaced the gasket on the surface where...
  15. vegetable

header wrap?

I want to get a center exit style pipe for my mini bike to improve the way it looks, but the only issue is that I am running a taillight that goes right below where the exhaust will sit. I don't want to fry my taillight so I decided that wrapping the exhaust would be the best way. But, this is...
  16. vegetable

swing arm questions

looking to build a rear swing arm for my motovox and i have a few questions 1. what is a sutable amount of tube to get for making one? 2. how can i keep the chain tight with a clutch to accommodate for the swing arm travelling? 3. how can i make the rear axle brackets? is there tube that looks...
  17. vegetable

Not sure if i should be worried... but

my brand new tillotson 212cc i just finished building (billet rod, 22mm mikuni, header, air filter, <1hr run time) runs perfectly fine, but when i rev it up it puffs blue smoke. Should I be worried, or is this normal for not broken in engines? I can get a video if need be on what it is doing
  18. vegetable

Help! not sure if my wiring is wrong or its that the connections arent permanently secured

I have a minibike and ive been wanting to put some lights on it dor a while now. once i did get all of the parts (except for fuse block, still being shipped) i wired it up to teo pigtails and they seemed to work on their own. now when i touch the wires to each terminal (two separate ground wites...
  19. vegetable

Help! Predator 212 won't start no matter what I do

So I have a non-hemi 212 predator, and it ran fine before I started doing mods to it. When I installed the stage 1 kit from GPS, I couldn't run the engine off of choke for more than a few seconds, and it would eventually die out anyway. I replaced the stock carburetor and it still did the same...