predator 212

1. J

Modified Stage 2 Predator 212 Hard to Pull Start and Mikuni 22mm Running Rich

Hey all, I have a Predator 212 with a header, billet flywheel, billet rod, hot-265 cam, 22mm Chikuni from gopowersports, and 22 lb valve springs. The flywheel has 34 degrees advance timing. I just put together the engine a couple days ago, rode it for about 30 minutes, went inside, and then when...
  2. Dakotaman

CT100U, 98CC Questions....

Since hotrodminibikes.com is down right now, I've been on the search for something on par with their power-up kit for a coleman ct100u, specifically speaking a header pipe that routes under the seat and out the back and an aftermarket K&N style air filter, though all I'm finding is parts for...
  3. 09thirteen96

Throttle lever & Vent filter ?

I have 2 quick questions. First, is my predator engine gonna be fine without the linkage lever? By fine I mean is it going to stop me from making future mods? I took my bike to a shop for help connecting the throttle and when I got it back the lever was no longer there but the throttle is...
  4. Throttle Assembly

Throttle Assembly

Predator 212 Throttle Assembly top pate
  5. Throttle Assembly

Throttle Assembly

Top plate throttle assembly for Predator 212
  6. E

Predator 212 Swap on Baja Dirtbug - engine vibrations

So I swapped a Predator 212 onto a Baja Dirtbug and it runs great. Used an engine mounting plate and it fits very tight but fits and works. But the engine shakes so bad at 1/4 - 1/2 throttle. It shakes so bad that it throws the chain. Any idea why this could be? I read that it could be because...
  7. TDB

DIY predator 212 clutch cover/clutch guard

I went out for a nice ride after I finished swapping a Predator 212 onto my mini bike and ended up shredding my shoe on the exposed clutch.. no bueno. I looked a little bit online for a clutch cover but I didn't see anything that I really liked the look or the price of, so I thought what the...
  8. TDB

New member // My build

New member to the forum, and first time ever joining a forum! I debated joining for a while because I don't actually have an old mini bike *yet* (well I guess mine will be old someday), I just have a predator swapped Monster Moto. But this forum has helped me out in the past so I figured maybe I...
  9. S

predator gas cap

I went to mount my predator 212 engine and the gas cap won't come off because the bar is in the way. OldMiniBikes suggests getting a low profile gas cap, any suggestions out there so my son can finally start riding? Thanks
  10. D

Monster Moto MMB80 with 212 Predator upgrade (I've got a bunch of questions)

Hi All, I'm very new here as I'm not really involved much with mini bikes but I've found this site pretty helpful so far. My kids have a MMB80 that we just swapped out the stock engine for a Predator 212. The basic job went pretty smooth and the bike is up and running but I have a few...
  11. G

New to OldMiniBikes, first post, not bikes, but karts

First post, from Texas. Purchased go kart for Christmas, then replaced engine on the other. Now there's two. Those karts weren't meant for me but they called me anyway. Red one now has predator 212 and topped out at 32.5 mph. Blue one still on warranty, and topped out at about 27 mph.
  12. turftech 1

5 Harbor Freight Tools Worth Buying

Hi all, Just to show I'm not a tool-snob, (after ripping on the HF vise), we made a video of our 5 favorite things from Harbor Freight tools. What would be your favorite HF find? Do any of you have one or more of the items we picked? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhxA51eDGgo...
  13. Rastabike

Predator 212 non hemi motor flywheel problems

So I just got the arc 1st and 3rd generation billet flywheel from OldMiniBikes and when I was installing it was rubbing on the crankcase I grinded down the studs behind the flywheel and it still grinds. Then after looking closer I noticed that the center hole where it mounts to the tapered part of the...
  14. DuffyMechanics

Predator 212 Feels like it has too much compression

I was just reading a post like this but it was a little different. So I put on my air filter, adapter, breather, new header and 18 lb springs, after tightening the rocker arms, I broke one and bent the rods. So I put the stock springs back in and rockers and rods from another honda clone. But...
  15. DuffyMechanics

Doodle Bug Predator Build

So let me give you a little background, I'm 14, 6'1 and 230 pounds (I'm a rugby player) and for my birthday last year, I got myself a Doodle Bug off Craigslist ($200 if you were wondering). I'll be straight up here, 2.5 horsepower does not move 230 pounds. I got the Predator 212 from my kart...
  16. gomurray2track

Murray times Two

Hello everyone, I've had these for a while now and i think its time to upgrade them. To start off I just purchase a HF 212 to put in the first one. I'm thinking of keeping it somewhat stock looking. I'm going to do one at time and try to learn as much as I can. :scooter:
  17. J

WANTED: Valve Spring Keeper for stock Predator 5mm valves

Hello, If anyone has at least one keeper laying around that they are willing to part with, it would be greatly appreciated. I've kept the 5mm stock valves intalled in the engine. I am putting together a mini bike for my son and this is literally the last part I need to have the build...
  18. F

taco 22

me and my son are thinking about the taco22 as a possible mini bike build also but the only place i can find this bike is (gokartsusa). Google lists the tacominibikes.com as being possibly hacked and gokartsusa.com doesnt have a good rep on some websites just wondering if anybody here had any...
  19. 1967 Tempest

The Ultimate Harbor Freight coupon post.

I came across this on another forum that I use. I did not see this here so I thought that I would share. The first post is all that you need. It has the coupons pictures on the bottom. :thumbsup: The page does not update, but the coupons do. I printed out and used the 25% off coupon twice...
  20. R

Popping on deceleration

Hey guys new here, Anyways I got a mb165 and swapped in a stock 212 predator. Been pretty fun so far. I recently swapped out the stock exhaust for a straight pipe setup that I welded up (no muffler). When I get on the gas its loud and sounds really good but when I let off the gas i get this...