thread

1. useng1

Sparkplug Thread Insert

I went to change the plug in a 1976 HS50. The CJ8Y that I took out had a much larger thread than the new CJ8 that I had . I put my glasses on and could see there was an internally and externally threaded "sleeve" on the old plug.[It is not a HeliCoil] The head had a larger threaded hole than the...
  2. Modding_out

The official Who's going to Windber thread

Who's all going? If your going chime in and post a pic of the bike you'll be riding. You guys can recognize me by my 3wheeler(note* it has a red ohv briggs in it now and over all looks a lot more refined, but you get the idea) and I also will have a modified Baja carbon with me for my Dad to...
  3. Ayers Garage

Cat 250x restoration and modification build thread

First off, this will probably take several posts to get started. I have a lot of pictures. I'm a new guy here so I figured I'd do a build thread on my latest project. It's a Cat 250x that I bought a few weeks ago for 50 bucks... The engine was wasted from sitting outside uncovered for...
  4. james c

is there a thread on van nuys meet?

:drool:i saw a thread on the upcomming swamp meet on saticoy street but cant find it. please send a link on information
  5. turftech 1

Another "what's this?" thread

Hi all, found this for sale, what is it? Is it good, any value?
  6. 125ccCrazy

Can anyone on here thread a 5/8" jackshaft??

I am getting the parts together for my Wild Cat 500 and I need to make a new jackshaft, I'd prefer to have the ends threaded rather than use locking collars, if anyone here has the capability to do this let me know what you would want to do it.. Thanks, Randi
  7. maddcarson

the joke thread

post some funny jokes in here sumthing we can all laugh at.... yo mama's anything... so rac em up and lay em down
  8. ViperR

Check the parts FS thread

Just letting you clone owners on parts I just posted. Thanks!
  9. 86 iroc

Check out my build thread !

I need some input and no one seems to be very helpful over there . You db guys are much more supporting :smile: http://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/project-logs/18978-trying-do-something-different-my-db30.html
  10. Oldschool

Carburettor selection tuning splinter thread

Starting a new thread here rather than hijack one.... I have been dumpster diving and brought home about 12 carbs. Of these I selected these particular carbs to keep ( and stripped the rest for jets and floats and shite )...
  11. INJUNTOM

Cool thread I found at the H.A.M.B.

Check it out: I found a Bath Supply Shop filled with Vintage Mini Bikes - THE H.A.M.B.
  12. Orson_Yancey

Thread of want to be friends on Facebook?

Hi all Mini Bike People, Networking is of great value in this economy, when looking for rare parts, and when visiting other areas of the country. Please feel free to friend request me on Facebook. My profile is my same name with the addition of my middle initial: Orson P. Yancey Boston, MA...
  13. TT

Thread size and length of 2.8 hp Lifan engine mount bolts

Guy's I need a simple answer? What is the length, thread size per inch, hex head wrench size, of the doodle bug 2.8HP engine? SAE-Metric? How long? What size wrench? Stock size? 3/8"-5/8"-3/4" Thank you in advance><! TT :doah:
  14. J

Can we start a thread on Clutches?

Anybody have experiences with the various clutches that they'd like to share? Or possibly any links with testing or comparisons of the various clutches typical of what we would use? This link has several clutch brands & types pictured. Rieken's Racing: Clutches - OUT2WIN.COM Anyone have...
  15. F

My 2nd WTF did I buy thread this week (new bike(

OK guys, best guesses please... Clearly the Shocks are wrong and it is supposed to have a top mounted tank.... Picked this up for $50 and it fired up with starting fluid but the carb and tank are rust fouled bad... Any ideas for a better replacement carb? I want to put a top mount tank back...
  16. 5

How about a thread for Minibike Videos?

I was thinking that I haven't seen a thread for Minibike Videos. It would be nice to view alot of them in one place. If you have Minibike videos on Youtube, you can easily embed them by copying & pasting the URL directly to a post. Thanks !!!
  17. G

The funny things people do to mini's thread

The strange mods are never endless when it comes to mini's. Post pics of weird things you found on mini's. Heres a cat I got last year, it came with an extra gas tank :doah: I still have that engine and might put it back on! :evil_laughter:
  18. Slonaker

Introduction and "what is it" thread

I ended up over here from the HAMB where INJUNTOM posted about his minibikes. After reading all the posts in the thread, I felt that I needed one. :) I'm actually a scooter guy. I started out playing with Vespas, and now have a Honda Elite 250 and a Honda Helix. I just bought this...