So I was wondering if there is any benefits to using 110 Racing Fuel in either.
1. A stock Briggs 5 HP Engine?
Or 2. A 5 HP Briggs Racing Engine (aka The Raptor).
Or is it like using premium fuel in cars a waste of money?
Reaper

To run high octane fuel you have to have an engine with the compression to do it. Running it in a low compression engine something like 70% of the fuel is not burnt and wasted. I don't know where that number comes from but it's been with me since my drag truck days, told to me by an engine builder I highly trust so I never questioned it.

So it doesn't matter if it's a stock or full built race engine if it wasn't built for it then its a waste. The way people like to mill the heads on these little things thinking that alone does something magic it wouldn't surprise me if there are a ton of them out there that wouldn't benefit from higher octane fuel.

What psi of compression should i have? I grinded the bottom of my exhaust valve down to make for more compression and you can almost lift my bike off the ground with the pull cord.

Easiest way I know to figure out what octane works with the compression the engine is to run different octanes and read the plugs. I'm sure somebody out there much smarter than me (that won't take much) has a formula that HP=O for C.

chrisr

Best way to know what you have is to do one. This link is pretty helpful if you have not done this before. Depending on the engine, a value of 60 is on the low side (> 80 stock/healthy) and 200 would be on the high side. Wet and dry tests should be about the same (assuming excessive oil was not present in your wet test), if much better with the wet test the rings/cylinder condition may be a problem. Let us know your numbers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0DuLtoHbWg

CarPlayLB

What psi of compression should i have? I grinded the bottom of my exhaust valve down to make for more compression and you can almost lift my bike off the ground with the pull cord.
huh?:eek:ut:

You will go faster with the 110 fuel...'cause your wallet be lighter! It will make no difference other than cost you more money. Higher octane helps with high compression, which is something a flathead will never see! Save your money and go to the gas station!

If you mix sunoco race gas purple is leaded and half sunoco ultra 93 octane..... You have 100 octane gas with lead. Good....Adding half a shot glass to a gallon of gas ..Add STP gas treatment red bottle only.....It works the Best....If you want a edge....Alcohol and nitro is a total different story.....Never mix alcohol with any gasoline... Any questions text.....Advice coming from dealer supply race gas and alcohol for all application...Test proven

For top end rpm in any engine the stp gas treatment only the best one in red bottle.. Very important only the red bottle also less is better...More works in reverse

I sold Francisco's Lab's Moon Gas in the 5 gallon tin container. I had a can in the back of the 1967 Volvo Station Wagon and I ran out of gas so I put in some MOON GAS and made it to the flying A gas station, and the attendant said what the HECK are you burning in that thing.
It sure did smell great.

For top end rpm in any engine the stp gas treatment only the best one in red bottle.. Very important only the red bottle also less is better...More works in reverse
I looked at a bottle of the RED STP gas treatment tonight at work. Got all excited when I saw it contains Jet Fuel.:scared:
Then I remembered that's pretty much kerosene.:eek:ut:

Well I'm running q16 in a stock compression engine with cam and carburetor and exhaust and it is faster so. It's all in how you tune it.

Alcohol flathead here, alky makes great power and smells pretty good too. Flushing the fuel system and changing the oil every time is a pain but that is the price I pay for performance lol