16hp engine with electric start for 189.99 wow??? a steal?

Latent

yeah me too, got me thinking about a new project seems too cheap... anyone ever use any of the Powerland engines? It's way cheaper on ebay and it has an electric start. I think they're trying to get stock of overstock maybe?

Last edited:

Latent

I'm sure the performance parts would be interchangeable with a gx390. They make it 420cc by interesting bore x stroke, so most other parts should be interchangeable. I don't know how they would make money selling a 16hp engine with electric start at 189.99 and free shipping........ wtf? The 6.5hp looks cheaply made, but I have never even heard about these engines just stumbled upon them while browsing ebay. After I sell a few more items on ebay I'm going to purchase one. Hell you could even resell them for 225-250 on craigslist they would probably sell quick too.

Latent

Hey listen if your buying the 6.5 with electric start he will accept 120$ so offer him 120$ I low balled him started at 100 he counteroffered 120... Very good price for a 6.5 with electric start + free ship.

Hi universalgains. You have received a counter offer for PowerLand Gas Engine PD200E 6.5HP Electric Start-Horizontal Shaft.

COUNTER OFFER
$120.00
QUANTITY 1

Inferior Chinese products are cheap.
This is news?
Would make a decent yard tractor motor with 16 big ones but not for anything I own, being Chinese made stuff.
Their standards are really low on pretty much everything they manufacture.

pomfish

i agree,im not sure how they making money.
heres a link to a 6.5 w electric start even.
this is about 30 bucks more spensive than harbor freight and it has electric start too!
im going to grab one and see what the insides look like.

Powerland Gas Engine PD200E 6 5HP Electric Start Horizontal Shaft | eBay
What's with the funky exhaust? That little thing that sticks down, but the exhaust looks like it comes out at the top rear of that housing?
Interesting piece, just wonder if you can safely change out with header.
Thanks
Keith

What's with the funky exhaust? That little thing that sticks down, but the exhaust looks like it comes out at the top rear of that housing?
Interesting piece, just wonder if you can safely change out with header.
Thanks
Keith
That's an emissions item, a reedvalve fresh-air intake to the exhaust system

Latent

well the engines have the charging coil to charge the battery. No external battery needed. Vendor replied back to my question. I'll be purchasing a 16hp electric start and will let you guys know how it goes.

Well, out of curiosity I offered 80 for one of the recoil 6.5 hp motors and it was accepted. Curious to get it and check out the internals, throw it on a doodlebug frame and see how long it lasts.