+.175 stroker crank and UT2 piston in 196 clone.

What I got was a 196 clone block bored to 2.756." I talked to ACR today and decided I would do the 208. Going to run the 196 clone Clone crank and rod combo with the predator piston. I wanted to start with a complete motor on this build but looks like I am going to do it the hard way. The over bore block was only $5 more than a normal bore. ACR said with a +.020 crank it should put the piston just slightly below the deck depending on crank and block or around .003-.005 below. The predator piston is a lot more common than the UT2 I originally planned in the beginning. Want to put the piston as close to 0" deck as I can so if I want to play with compression a little later down the road. There are a few more options for the 196 as far as flywheels go too.
Are you speaking of ARC racing? ARC

Throw a predator crank in there and you get 212cc. I wonder if they actually bore the block, or just send you a predator block? EDIT I dont see a predator block on their website, must be a 196 bored.

So this is what you ordered? Clone Block

Last edited:
Don't know how to get the link to work but here is the description...

" New or new take off, Includes bearings, Bolts, and seals. For Piston 2.756. Can be bored to 2.815.
Side cover not included - Must order separate if needed

This is a Ducar Clone block bored to 2.756, not a Predator Block and uses Hondas/Chinese OHV components (including Honda/Chinese OHV cams & Heads). "

Got it from NR. Going to start buying my parts from ARC Racing though. There customer service is awesome. I asked them through facebook. I have asked them a few things and there pretty quick to respond and pretty helpful. Probably not the best way to communicate but I don't have a phone. Wife dose but I have never had a phone except for about 2 months back when they were flip phones and probably never will. The wife works days and I work graveyard 12 hour shifts in another town so the time I have to call people is very limited.

The block was $45 plus shipping.

This was not the route I planned on going when I asked the original question. I impulse build things. The original plan was to mod a Colman CT200. Could not afford one right now so thought I would get a few parts so I could mod it shortly after I got it. Not even sure I am getting the Colman now. What ever I end up doing it will be cool when I am done.