18X8X8 rim & brake recommendation?

noseoil

Building a bike for straight-line racing, want to use the 18x8x8 Jr. Dragster slick on the back end for higher top end. What's a good rim/hub/brake setup for a 1" live axle? I've been looking around, but there's a bunch of stuff out there so it's a bit confusing. What do you recommend that works well & is pretty good, balances & spins easily & does the job?

Will be using a 14" wide axle setup, thinking a 7" X 3/16" disc might be best on the back, but still thinking about a rim to work with the tire, hub & axle. Thanks for the input.

i too am looking into this as i wanna buy a f&b racing frame i will be using a 1 1/4 live axle 8x8 rim but i want a flat track tire not a slick hoosier and american racer make them kenda sunf make longer lasting not soft compound ones a hydraulic brake like that one i got the small 3/16 thick one and its light duty show some pics of the frame with the rim

noseoil

Decided to go with the BMI 8x7 Douglas rim (4 on 4 bolt pattern) & their matching hub. The Hoosier tire arrived yesterday & it's amazingly light for the size. Ordered the MB200 hydraulic brake setup from OldMiniBikes & a 5/32" X 7 1/4" disc to match. Will have to see how all of this goes together once the parts arrive. Still working on a design for the frame, but it's getting there. Nothing final on the frame, until I have all the stuff together to see how things fit. Building for a small block, but thinking a big block might be in the future at some point.

noseoil

Got the brake parts, but a slight problem with the disc/hub connection. Both are 3 1/8" 4-hole drill pattern, but there's a mis-match on the holes. They don't quite line up, off enough that the bolts won't go for mating. Will be calling today to see what the fix is for this. Look to be good quality parts, should be fine once this is resolved. Don't want to start drilling at this point, as I don't have the tools for the correct setup.

can you post a pic i would think on a live axle you have a hub to drive the wheel and one for the sprocket and hub for the brake go on the axle

noseoil

I called & spoke with Gary at GPS, simple fix really, but it doesn't hurt to find out first. Basically, the disc is actually a metric manufactured part & the hub is a US standard. I checked the holes & the mis-match was about 0.095" (rotor holes are slightly closer together than the hub holes). Also, the holes in the rotor aren't drilled at 3/8" but a metric size, fortunately they're smaller than 3/8". Just had to stretch the holes in the disc & open them up to match the hub. Chased them out, chamfered the edges & fastened it all together with blue Loctite. All's well that ends well. HubDisc.jpg

Yeah im looking for a rear tire setup also lol idk the measurements, like axle length size rim or tire...all ikno it need to be a live axle with keystock and at least maybe 25” minimum...