19?? Bombardier Ski-Doo Olympique w/Ski-Boose

Picked this up tonight off craigslist. It is a Ski Doo w/Ski Boose! I do have both windshields and seat cushions for the Boose, Just not in the pics. It was too cool to not have. Has a Rotax on it... Dont know much about them:confused:

It was the first snow mobile i ever sat my butt on for a test ride.:thumbsup:

Im not sure on the year to be exact, so if anyone has info? PleasE post it :thumbsup:

I also need to know thee best mix ratio for it and brand to buy?

Last edited:
Not sure but looks maybe mid-60's or earler. You dont see those ski boose anymore, good find. They all ran on 20/1 back then any oil. With the higher quality oils today you should be safe with 32/1 and any multi purpose 2 cycle oil vavoline works fine. You don't need any spendy modern day snow mobile oil. You can start out richer if your worried, but i have not had any problems at 32/1. Now we just need some snow!

Not sure but looks maybe mid-60's or earler. You dont see those ski boose anymore, good find. They all ran on 20/1 back then any oil. With the higher quality oils today you should be safe with 32/1 and any multi purpose 2 cycle oil vavoline works fine. You don't need any spendy modern day snow mobile oil. You can start out richer if your worried, but i have not had any problems at 32/1. Now we just need some snow!
Does it matter if I use a synthetic or syn blend. That seems to be all I could fint at my local atv dealer.

Nice! Im gonna guess it between 67-69 The mufflers always get stress cracks in them so look it over real good.I have one that's been all welded up,if you find you need a muffler just pay shipping and its yours.That sled was not made to go fast but they sure are dependable.Good find on a fun family sled combo:thumbsup:

oldsledz

It is a 1970 There are a lot of 12/3 sleds but the 12/3 S is rare, but I don't think it adds any value to the sled. I don't know what the S stands for, 12/3 is 12HP 300cc
The 12/3 was the entry level sled for 1970, I mix the gas 40 to 1 in all of my 2 stroke engines, any 2 stroke oil will work fine.

Last edited:
try 32/1 it will run safely,if it run good and your not fouling plugs and smoking alot your ok. check your plug if to oily, black , or fouling you need less oil. once you get it running 40/1 great just a little leaner and should run even better. never hurts too start a little rich with motor that been sitting or not used much, get a little more oil on those old rings. now go get it running and take the kids for a ride :smile:

that will work fine. i just get a quart of multi-purpose 2-cycle oil at the auto store ,mix a batch and i'm good for chainsaws,weedeater, and old sleds.......fire that thing up and have some fun the worst you can do is foul a plug :thumbsup:

It is a 1970 There are a lot of 12/3 sleds but the 12/3 S is rare, but I don't think it adds any value to the sled. I don't know what the S stands for, 12/3 is 12HP 300cc
The 12/3 was the entry level sled for 1970, I mix the gas 40 to 1 in all of my 2 stroke engines, any 2 stroke oil will work fine.
It has a NGK AB-6 plug in it. So I bought 2 more. That way when i start running it on a new plug when I put new gas in it.

Here is the ? What should the gap of plug be????:confused:

Also another (?) Will Stabil fuel stabilizer work with 2 stroke gas mixes just like reg. gas?:shrug:
I would stay away from stabil that stuff will ruin your carb. I run premium gas in my sled leave the gas in it in the summer and start it once in a while.
Your spark plug gap is .020 the Bosh plug would be M175T1

Rocco...

Definitely 69-70. Any earlier the hood would bolt on, as opposed to the spring clamps that hold the rear down to the deck, and latches that it snaps into at the front. The "S" denoted stationary or movable headlight, one of ski-doo's first tricks was to hide the headlight in the hood, so it wouldn't burn out or break while day time running. Fuel mixture was always 20-1, and Ashless formulas work best. Mixing it heavier than that would cause plug fouling, which is always fun out on the side of the trail.

Thanks to everyone for their replys to this thread.

I been starting it every couple weeks since i bought it and never got anymore snow!!:confused: Now all of a sudden the carb is just dumping gas like no other! I think it just needs a new seal and/or gasket set???