1940s Custom Salsbury Scooter-Car

Peekster spotted this thing for sale in upstate NY.....I told him it looked like something our old buddy Wayne would have owned.

From the ad:

"This is a super-cool custom three-wheeler based on a 1940s Salsbury scooter. The platform is an original Salsbury M85 scooter frame, with the original Salsbury scooter motor and drive train intact.

The front end of the scooter was cut down to the frame base, and the original steering column /handlebar was removed, and a custom front end, with steering, was added. The original Salsbury scooter fuel tank (in good condition) forms the top of the rear end of the car, but the rest of the rear body construction is custom."

delray

wow that thing is cool. just think back in the day. some little kid use to cruise around on it.
check out them old goodyear tires. engine looks like a continental. nice...mike:thumbsup:

Here in Portland I found a 80 year old scooter man and his collection of Scooters was huge he had them all many Powell's and at least 4 Salisbury
Scooters and my dream scooter was a Mustang Service Trike and many types of old Cushman's . He even had a old open wheel race car that he once drove at a local race track. Still had a long shed next to the main garage that had 30 to 40 units all siting in the dark. About 6 of his bikes were inside the house. And I was told that the basement was a machine shop. I went back to see him and a neighbor said he had past on and gave me his step sons phone number. This phone number was the same prefix as mine and he had to drive past my place to go to work. From the last time I was able to talk to the step son they were just sitting on everything and rented the house out to a nephew. This was and may possible be the biggest stash ever. Even at 80 John was still looking for more stuff he was legally blind and on a cane nothing stopped the 60 year passion.
Steve