1956 Trailblazer ToteGoat looking thing

I will ask the seller to send me actual pics and an asking price tomorrow... im not interested in it though, but for a certain price, id prob get it and think of an excuse later, i dont like this style, but if its as complete as the pic (as far as parts) would be cool... to ride around tormenting my kids showing up to their schools on it :shrug: from the looks at what he wants in trade, he may want way more than i would pay for it... maybe its someone elses style?

text from ad:
"I have a 1956 trail blazer mini bike made by the same guys as tote goat, they're far more rare than a tote goat and I think cooler, this one was previously registered for street use in California. As you can see instead of the wired mesh like a tote goat on the side it has a very nice vespa like cowling, it comes with thr original engine. Great project for a mini bike enthusiast, a hot rodder, or anyone just intrested in collecting 50s memorabilia. Picture is for refrence only mine is disassembled for restoration and mine also includes the extremely rare spring seat and rear rack. Open to trade, looking for, a good refrigerator, lcd tv, portable jaccuzi, project bugeye sprite, austin heely, triumph, quality roadbike, or whatcha got? Make a offer"

In the last days of Blazer, they had some of the machines made in Japan. These were the Trail Blazers. They can be identified by the split rim front wheel with drum brake. "Japan" is stamped on the bottom of the lower fork mount, just above the front wheel. The wheel bearings and front brake were better than what tote gote was using. The Briggs motor started model production in 1958 and was rated 5 3/4hp. I would guess the trail blazer was around 1961.

Last edited:
In the last days of Blazer, they had some of the machines made in Japan. These were the Trail Blazers. They can be identified by the split rim front wheel with drum brake. "Japan" is stamped on the bottom of the lower fork mount, just above the front wheel. The wheel bearings and front brake were better than what tote gote was using. The Briggs motor started model production in 1958 and was rated 5 3/4hp. I would guess the trail blazer was around 1961.
good info... the pic the poster has in his/her ad, isnt the actual pic of his/her bike, and im going to send them an email asking for actual pics and a price, just to see where they are at with it... so the actual bike may not have that motor etc, as it should come with the "original engine".. but that is def some good info to be armed with, for someone who wants to buy something like this... :thumbsup: