1958 Yazoo Dragster help identify

Being a mini bike guy I'm not sure about vintage karts. A friend of mine has offered me his 1958 Yazoo dragster go kart completely restored with original engine. The engine was removed and kept needs gone through. The car is absolutely beautiful and looks like brand new but I'm not sure what something like that is worth can anybody give me an idea? All I can find are some sketchy grainy ads from newspapers in 1958 and from the looks of it ,it's right . help
I have three pictures of it but can't get anything to load for some reason.

The engine looks like an old Clinton or Continental Maybe and it's red. Actually runs but needs cosmetic help. Thanks in advance to all the Vintage Go Kart guys. Mark..

There is a video on YouTube "Yazoo go-kart running" that is this actual kart before it was restored ..the engine is a running Clinton..
it's completely original one owner at this time... basically I'm wondering what it is worth does anyone have any idea? 2000, 2500, 3000?

Wow, how helpful. Certainly not trying to go against any rules. I thought advice on getting into vintage go karts was what this thread was about. Just wanted to make sure I don't overpay or underpay my best friend. Nevermind, I certainly don't want to break the law on your site. I thought some of the other guys might like to see this rare Kart and add a little of their knowledge and expertise about it. Mark

Wow, how helpful. Certainly not trying to go against any rules. I thought advice on getting into vintage go karts was what this thread was about. Just wanted to make sure I don't overpay or underpay my best friend. Nevermind, I certainly don't want to break the law on your site. I thought some of the other guys might like to see this rare Kart and add a little of their knowledge and expertise about it. Mark
Whoa, why the sarcasm? The OldMiniBikes member you are beating up on simply cited the rules. Member "Massacre" has been on here for awhile, and has provided guidance and information to a lot of people here. If you went to an auction and demanded to know what an antique was worth before a bid, what would the auctioneer say to you? "It's worth what someone will pay."

The rules were established long ago to alleviate, or prevent the pain people feel in their butts when they come on here thinking they have something rare, only to find out it isn't. Or for people who watch reality TV shows, and think what they have is going to send their kids to college. It's not as if there is a "blue book," or "professional appraiser" for this stuff.

Having said that, most vintage karters would have zero interest in that kart. It's a yard kart, and it's value is more applicable to the collector with a motor theme, and plenty of room to store it. It was worth more money before it was restored with the running A400 on it. The engine on it right now looks like an OHV and detracts from the value more than the new paint does.

Who ever restored it knows exactly what it is worth.

markus

I had a '59 Speedmobile which was a similar fun/yard kart of the day. I had to buy it to get some other stuff, I couldn't give it way....literally! I had put it in a classic car consignment/museum here locally, after 90 day's I just walked away and left it there. I dunno if they ever moved it or not, they were down to like a 700 pricetag a year or so later. I tried to sell it for like 5 months on my own previous to that. I had it priced at like $400 at the end and never got one inquiry.

Thankfully, all the other stuff I bought with the kart I was able to sell though!

Thank you Dave...
Sorry my skirt blew up. I never buy anything involved in my hobby to resell for a profit. Very seldom do I resell anything minibike or go kart related. If I do it's to help somebody out to finish a project. Every once in awhile I put something on eBay just for fun. If I needed the money I certainly wouldn't be buying mini bikes hahaha.. always worth more to yourself than what they bring that's for sure :)( based on the $500 my bonanza with McCulloch engine brought on eBay. )
I should have let you come down with your emergency money to get it as you would appreciate it more than the old boy who who bought it.
Being a professional automobile wholesaler I certainly know about auctions. They bring what they're worth. Just thought somebody might have an idea and now you've given me one. That's basically what I was looking for. Just felt like I had a new neighbor telling me not to ride my mini bike in the neighborhood , sorry to any offense anyone might have taken about my off-color comment. I certainly respect everyone's opinion here. Just seems like guys try to pick on people that say the wrong thing who really don't know they're doing something wrong these days. My apology to the supporting member... Best of luck to you in your searches. Respectfully, Mark

Thank you Marcus I saw that go-kart of yours and some pictures and it sure looks similar to the one I'm looking at. No my friend has no idea what it's worth and He restored it. He only knows what it cost him to restore it as he's an old hot rodder. That's kind of why I was asking for both him and I. I'll stick to mini bikes or Rupp / bug / McCullough cards as they seem to have values I know about. Best of luck to you and thank you very much for your nice reply to my question. Mark

Thank you Dave...
Sorry my skirt blew up. I never buy anything involved in my hobby to resell for a profit. Very seldom do I resell anything minibike or go kart related. If I do it's to help somebody out to finish a project. Every once in awhile I put something on eBay just for fun. If I needed the money I certainly wouldn't be buying mini bikes hahaha.. always worth more to yourself than what they bring that's for sure :)( based on the $500 my bonanza with McCulloch engine brought on eBay. )
I should have let you come down with your emergency money to get it as you would appreciate it more than the old boy who who bought it.
Being a professional automobile wholesaler I certainly know about auctions. They bring what they're worth. Just thought somebody might have an idea and now you've given me one. That's basically what I was looking for. Just felt like I had a new neighbor telling me not to ride my mini bike in the neighborhood , sorry to any offense anyone might have taken about my off-color comment. I certainly respect everyone's opinion here. Just seems like guys try to pick on people that say the wrong thing who really don't know they're doing something wrong these days. My apology to the supporting member... Best of luck to you in your searches. Respectfully, Mark
Just to be clear, I wasn't offended in any way by your post - but sooner or later someone would have told you about the rule, figured it might as well be me. Sorry I did not mean any disrespect towards you.
In some ways I totally understand the rule, in other ways, not so much. Either way, I didn't make the rule, I was just informing you of the rule, that's all. I like the kart it looks great!

Of course I understand. Can't let my bad morning rub off on my friends here at old Mini bikes.com. I respect your opinion and you letting me know about the rule is appreciated. Getting grouchy in my old age I guess. Certainly made me look foolish. Thanks for following up and no problem whatsoever. Glad Dave got a laugh out of it ... :) considering everyone's advice I think I'll let my friend just keep his Yazoo dragster here's our fun kart . Screenshot_2018-10-26-10-03-16.png mark