1961 Caper Cycle Falcon Resto

Thanks, folks!
I’ll put another post up eventually but, if anyone is looking for a Caper Cycle decal like the one I have, I made many of them. .. possibly more than the bikes that were originally made to wear them. 8 bucks with shipping if you’re interested PM me!

thanks!
G

My history in metal work is pretty spotty… generally to decent ends, I never taught myself welding or sheet good working, roughing it into shape and relying on my eye during full sanding was good enough.
This was as good of an excuse as any to try my hand at hammers and dollys.
View attachment 295245 View attachment 295246
It’s not actually snotted back together yet, I still have some patch work to do in the bottom, but the dents are satisfactorily removed minus a few sharp gouges that’ll need red led before the final finish.

after the grinder grabbed half of it and flung it across the room at my bike stand (this is after I first beat all the dents out and before the second time I beat all the dents out) I was looking for some options online… 150 bucks for an aluminum tank. That’s fine but .. I’d rather put that in the engine fund.
" ...after the grinder grabbed half of it and flung it across the room at my bike stand (this is after I first beat all the dents out and before the second time I beat all the dents out) ...." Not laughing at ya, just chuckling along with you.....having dome similar things myself. This is going to be a really nice bike when you're done.

" ...after the grinder grabbed half of it and flung it across the room at my bike stand (this is after I first beat all the dents out and before the second time I beat all the dents out) ...." Not laughing at ya, just chuckling along with you.....having dome similar things myself. This is going to be a really nice bike when you're done.
It’s always hilarious after you check yourself over for gaping holes. Friggin angle grinders. Always agents for chaos.

PatrickCraik

I don’t have one question for anyone who can field it. It appears that the beads on the tires are rather fused to the rim. Anyone have any suggestions for how to release this without wrecking the tire? Thanks in advance!
I got lucky a few years ago using lots of Kano Kroil,a couple of slide bar clamps and a few days of patience. Mine were originals from 1971. A cheapo shop press from Harbor freight or something home made from a bottle jack would work better than clamps. I didn't think
of it @ the time

It’s always hilarious after you check yourself over for gaping holes. Friggin angle grinders. Always agents for chaos.
YUP!, got a scar across my misection from an 8" grinder. Was doing some bodywork on our Falcon, grinder disc grabbed ahold of my sweater and before you could say WTF?! I was bleeding. My Grandkids ask me when we're swimming in the pool - " Grampa, whats that line across your belly?" I tell them it's my " fill up to here line"......I really should get it inked.....

YUP!, got a scar across my misection from an 8" grinder. Was doing some bodywork on our Falcon, grinder disc grabbed ahold of my sweater and before you could say WTF?! I was bleeding. My Grandkids ask me when we're swimming in the pool - " Grampa, whats that line across your belly?" I tell them it's my " fill up to here line"......I really should get it inked.....
Nice one!

Thanks, folks!
I’ll put another post up eventually but, if anyone is looking for a Caper Cycle decal like the one I have, I made many of them. .. possibly more than the bikes that were originally made to wear them. 8 bucks with shipping if you’re interested PM me!

thanks!
G
I would be interested if still available. Thanks