1970 cat 400x

I know you did the paint some months ago. Nice job by the way. What brand and colors did you use for the paint job. It looks kinda close to the pineapple flam referred to in the cat brochure.

Steve73

I know you did the paint some months ago. Nice job by the way. What brand and colors did you use for the paint job. It looks kinda close to the pineapple flam referred to in the cat brochure.
So I went to my local paint store and they made me a rattle can of metallic silver. And another can that was transparent yellow. The candy yellow had multi colored flake mixed into the can. 2k clear coat to seal it all in.

Hope that helps you out....

Ok, thanks.

It was a custom mix paint color that the paint store placed in a rattle can. I was hoping that it was some off the shelf spray paint in a can.

Steve73

Ok, thanks.

It was a custom mix paint color that the paint store placed in a rattle can. I was hoping that it was some off the shelf spray paint in a can.
Metallic silver paint you can get off the shelf anywhere pretty much. Duplicolor makes both metallic silver and some candy colors too. I think they call their transparent paint line metal cast.