1970 kawasaki coyote mb a1 build suggestions

hey guys I just picked up a 1970 Kawasaki mb a1 frame, I traded a buddy 2 smokes for it, it is literally just the frame though, no forks no wheels no engine nothing. I was wondering if I should try to do and original restore, or hot rod it out, put a bigger engine, maybe do a trike, let me know what you think id like to have some input on this

Lets see some pictures of the frame to get a better idea of what your srarting with

If I remember corectly they have 8" rims very similar to the mt1/kv75
But if your not fussy honda z50 wheels will fit and they are way more findable

as you can see its missing the motor mount, I was thinking about possibly fixing up that kd100 motor and sticking that in there, I also post a pic of a old 5 horse I could use, but yeah the frame is pretty bare, the other photo is a different build I did

I'm a nut for vintage bikes. But given how little of the bike you have now, and the fact that parts are $$$, I'd say modify it. Man, I just saw a chain guard for that on ebay for over $500. Crazy.

It'd be neat if you had most of a two stroke version to work with. Then (to me) it'd be worth spending all that cash on.

fistfullabar

as you can see its missing the motor mount, I was thinking about possibly fixing up that kd100 motor and sticking that in there, I also post a pic of a old 5 horse I could use, but yeah the frame is pretty bare, the other photo is a different build I did
:hammer:I vote the kd100:hammer:

Very cool ! , Like Dave says.. big bucks to restore IF you can find anything for it,!!
That's actually an MB1A four stroke frame, They seem to have sold many in southern Ontario here.
I would go with the KD100 and get an original tank and build a seat using the upholstery you can get from reproductiondecals.com Let the good times roll!!

zeeman

I have a Coyote. I have the original engine, but ended up putting a Tecumseh on it. Your frame would have had mounts for a jackshaft. It looks like they have been removed. It's a solid frame, and since you don't have much else, I would say do what you want with it. Make your own creation, or make it look similar to a Coyote with what parts you can find. Good luck, and keep posting pictures.

I'm a nut for vintage bikes. But given how little of the bike you have now, and the fact that parts are $$$, I'd say modify it. Man, I just saw a chain guard for that on ebay for over $500. Crazy.

It'd be neat if you had most of a two stroke version to work with. Then (to me) it'd be worth spending all that cash on.
ive read that the only reason they discontinued the 2 stroke version was because the motors would blow up when you tried to climb hills and stuff, im more of a fan of the 4 stroke version myself, but I doubt it would be too hard to fix a 49er in there