1978 Honda 250R Elsinore

This is my 250r Elsinore and my carburetor is messed up.
I'm just wondering if any of you guys have a 250r Elsinore
carburetor that you're willing to sell or no someone.

Cool bike and cool 7-up box, too. What do you believe is wrong w/the carburetor?
I had the 7up box for a very long time now....its a 7up bottle box.:smile:

The floaters are stuck and don't float...and I don't know where to get them at. I looked for them online but I can't find them..Do you think a 26mm mikuni would work?? or what size do you think the carb is?? Whats your advice??

hondapowersportsoftroy

I had the 7up box for a very long time now....its a 7up bottle box.:smile:

The floaters are stuck and don't float...and I don't know where to get them at. I looked for them online but I can't find them..Do you think a 26mm mikuni would work?? or what size do you think the carb is?? Whats your advice??
Hondapowersportsoftroy dot com is a site that will get you the correct part number through the honda parts network. It is actually cheaper to order stuff online and then pick it up in the store. there should be other honda dealers that sell online as well. There are motorcycle forums you can join that have free online manuals that you can download for Hondas. You may need to get a manual to correctly set the height of the new floats that you are purchasing. I definitely recommend Honda brand or OEM [mikiuni] OEM parts for carbs. A bad experience with after market carb stuff is likely.
When I got my Honda twin,the carbs were glued tight with hard brown varnish. It is a 70-80 MPH machine now. 150 for the bike and 70 bucks got it running.
Since this is a mini bike forum,I will also mention that Honda four stroke road motorcycles need a good fresh battery to run even if you kickstart them. It is called battery on coil ignition, and many people make the mistake of trying to get by on old weak batteries.

Hondapowersportsoftroy dot com is a site that will get you the correct part number through the honda parts network. It is actually cheaper to order stuff online and then pick it up in the store. there should be other honda dealers that sell online as well. There are motorcycle forums you can join that have free online manuals that you can download for Hondas. You may need to get a manual to correctly set the height of the new floats that you are purchasing. I definitely recommend Honda brand or OEM [mikiuni] OEM parts for carbs. A bad experience with after market carb stuff is likely.
When I got my Honda twin,the carbs were glued tight with hard brown varnish. It is a 70-80 MPH machine now. 150 for the bike and 70 bucks got it running.
Since this is a mini bike forum,I will also mention that Honda four stroke road motorcycles need a good fresh battery to run even if you kickstart them. It is called battery on coil ignition, and many people make the mistake of trying to get by on old weak batteries.
So true! But it like trying to drive nails in concrete sometimes, trying to get that through to some people.

Thanks for the advice!