1978 Kawasaki kv75 2stroke clutch help

Just inquiring if anyone has messed with these bikes. I put a new clutch and followed factory manual of clutch gap of 1mm and shifting into 2nd gear I still get a clutch slipping with about 3/4 throttle. It called for 10w/30 weight engine oil in gear box section and went to motorcycle shop and said to use this light weight gear oil for the clutch material and gears. He indicated they use that gear oil all the time from Maxima in those applications. Any thoughts?

maverick1

On the Yamaha enduro site "Endurobay"and there are some really smarts dudes on there. They said with today's lubricants you need to be sure you use oil formulated for wet clutches. I presoak my Gemini disc prior to installation and have not had any problems. Some of my bikes that have been sitting awhile were slipping but eventually stopped after riding them for a few weeks.

I got my new clutch discs and plate off eBay. They were in a factory Kawasaki package and new. I also measured them and they were new thickness as well. It was one of those things on my to do list and thought it would be fairly easy to get done, voila, another little bike to ride around. Nope. Well next I'm going to drain oil and put standard engine oil in it and see if that takes care of it.

WLB

Don't know if this is even available any more but regardless of what was in Kawasaki's printed literature the service department always advised using Ford type automatic transmission fluid in all two stroke transmissions. It's all I used for 20 years in my shop. Make sure you have free play both at the worm gear and the clutch lever.

Gatecrasher

On the Yamaha enduro site "Endurobay"and there are some really smarts dudes on there. They said with today's lubricants you need to be sure you use oil formulated for wet clutches. I presoak my Gemini disc prior to installation and have not had any problems. Some of my bikes that have been sitting awhile were slipping but eventually stopped after riding them for a few weeks.
The KV75s can have a slippage issue after sitting for long periods too. But after you ride them a while the clutch usually starts grabbing again.

I use 10-30 gear box oil designed for 2 stroke bikes and my clutches don't slip much. Here's oil I get at the Kawasaki shop that seems to work good:

http://www.2wheelpros.com/images/2359813-1-l.jpg

I've tried the thicker weight Bel-Ray clutch oils too and they don't slip but they cause the centrifugal clutch to be engaged slightly at idle (surges). The lighter weight oil that Kawasaki recommends for the MT1/KV75 seems to work the best.