1978 Sears Free Spirit

vwfan79

It's not a mini but is still cool and thought someone here may be interested. I figure I would post it here before I put it on CL, my wife and I are moving to the country to a house on a dirt road so this will not be getting used. Anyways it's a 1978 Sears Free Spirit moped and from what I have read and been told it was made by Puch for Sears and has the same 49cc 2 stroke motor. All the lights works and it run good, I have changed the handle bars to a cafe racer style and removed some of the baffling in the exhaust. I do how ever have all the part to put it back to stock if requested, the bars are on a mini but can come off if the buyer wants them. I have all of the original owners manuals and parts list for the bike and it is registered till 2015. It does 30-35 and gets about 90 mpg. Bike is in great shape, I'm asking $400 obo

Last edited:
They are nice mopeds. If you were closer to me, I'd make you a serious offer.

A bit of correction, they were actually produced by Kromag using Puch parts. I don't know the connection/interconnection between Kromag and Puch, but they are supposedly separate entities, however Kromags tend to be essentially Puch's made for private labels such as Sears, JC Penny and others. You can get more info. from Moped Army's website.

Paul

vwfan79

Paul- I was just looking at my registration and never noticed but it says Kromag in the make section.

I just posted this on CL due to no interest here but will leave the ad up here also.