1979 Jr50 whats it worth?

I do not know, however, I have a completely restored 1979 Yamaha YZ80 that is probably worth more than that bike! - LOL
Hint- Do not ask "What is it worth? " questions on this forum as per forum rules we do not provide values here. It is worth what someone will pay for it...
Michael

SAS289

Yer not supposed to ask values here cuz it can turn into a big crapfest, but that's a classic you could probably get 800 bucks for it
Yep. jr50 or not it's still a vintage Suzuki and would make a great starter bike for any kid. The only problem with that bike may be parts availability. I was working on a 76 RM250 in the late 90's and parts were not easy to find.

What SAS said above ^^^^^. is true and very good advice.
It took my son and I almost 2 years of aggressive searching to source the parts for the 1979 YZ80 restoration we did.
Michael

DaddyJohn

Yep. jr50 or not it's still a vintage Suzuki and would make a great starter bike for any kid. The only problem with that bike may be parts availability. I was working on a 76 RM250 in the late 90's and parts were not easy to find.
The JR models are pretty consistent throughout all years. I had a 2000 model, and all of the engine parts are compatible, as well as most chassis parts. The tank and bodywork changed to plastic later on though, so any of that stuff on the older models could be harder to get. Looks like it’s all there on that one though.

As far as selling it, all I’ll say is don’t undersell yourself. Used motorcycle prices are unusually high right now, and that’s a functioning collectible. Lead high and see where it goes.