197x BGW Tri-Rod STR-381 in progress

desert rat

Hi just picked up this gem in Australia, such a cool bike I never new existed, just about to restore it and throw in a new motor, what's the chances of finding a sticker kit?
Use the search tab in the top right of this screen and get some ideas on what you can do for stickers. here is one idea. Good luck.
https://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/tri-rod-shocks-and-stickers.170332/

On a side note I use to talk to Australia all the time on 27 mhz radio (out bander shotin' skip). Is radio still alive there? Even the big trucks here don't use CBs anymore.

Hi just picked up this gem in Australia, such a cool bike I never new existed, just about to restore it and throw in a new motor, what's the chances of finding a sticker kit?
Nice! Looks a lot like mine. I think mine is '73 or '74. I'd guess from the looks of the graphics on yours that it is a later model year, probably early 80's vintage. I think they made them from about 1973 to about 1982 or so. Not really sure.

Mine didn't have any graphics left when I got it. I have a vinyl cutter so when I finish the paint, I plan on making a set of era-correct but still custom decals for it. I haven't done the designs yet, though. Since most of yours are still there, you could take some detailed pics to a vinyl sign/printing shop and they should be able to make copies for a reasonable price.

Would you mind sharing some pics of the rear brake setup on that? Mine was previously altered and doesn't work very well and I like to see what it originally looked like.