20 degree angle carb wedge.

Does anyone have, make or sell a 20 degree carb wedge?
I have Rupp's with the slanted HS40 engine. I saw on old post a while back where a guy was selling 20 degree wedges that go if front of the carb but can't find the thread. They were cheap like $10 shipped or something like that.
I can't afford the slanted intakes. A cheap wedge is all I need.
Anyone know who sells them?

Danford1

Thanks but I stated I can't afford the slanted intakes. That auction is already at about $40 with shipping and has 6 days left.
That is a far cry from $10 shipped...
An angled wedge can be made from plastic, hard rubber, aluminum, probably even aircraft ply wood... Just needs 3 holes drilled in it.
I don't have any 1/2" thick material nor a way to cut it at 20 degrees.

Danford1

Ive soldered smashed copper plumbing fittings pieces to what I wanted? use 60/40 solder or better? And yes, I do have a slanted intake! Make one ? If the carb doesn't fload. run it. A wedge is gonna be more hassle if not done good. lower the float height? Ive never had a problem using an engine without slanted intake. Just 3 holes to drill can be a challenge, a Uni-bit from store is crazy handy, but that costs same as an intake?

Haaa. Dude hasn't logged in for 2-1/2 years.
I tried emailing him before - no response ... He Can't be the only person that made a wedge adapter. You can buy 4 of them for the price of Tec intake. The bad thing here is I have a H35 slant intake. I know those are probably more valuable then the HS40 slant intake but I don't want to part with it because it is on an original H35 engine with the 3" crank shaft that came on my 72 Rupp Scrambler.
The Scrambler is for sale with a 4hp Tec on it and the original engine goes with the sale. It is a selling feature. If I trade or sell the intake, then then value of the Scrambler goes down.
BlackWidow sells the HS40 intakes for $39 but that is a lot of coin.
#33301T SLANTED INTAKE MANIFOLD

Danford1

Danford1

Or you can just buy my original HS 40 slanted intake for 65.00 shipped , best deal in town .
I bought the copy from Black Widow for $39 for my Rupp. It seems just fine. I have other bikes I could use the 20 degree adapters on. I'm confident I'll find wedges for a lot less than $39.

Danford1

I contacted him last year...all the adapters are gone...he has no more.

I tried emailing him before - no response ... He Can't be the only person that made a wedge adapter. You can buy 4 of them for the price of Tec intake. The bad thing here is I have a H35 slant intake. I know those are probably more valuable then the HS40 slant intake but I don't want to part with it because it is on an original H35 engine with the 3" crank shaft that came on my 72 Rupp Scrambler.
The Scrambler is for sale with a 4hp Tec on it and the original engine goes with the sale. It is a selling feature. If I trade or sell the intake, then then value of the Scrambler goes down.
BlackWidow sells the HS40 intakes for $39 but that is a lot of coin.
#33301T SLANTED INTAKE MANIFOLD

Danford1

Danford1