2014 Coleman CT200U Predator 212 build

First thing I did when I got the Predator 212 engine was read the Warranty card, gave a maniacal laugh and threw it in the trash. Next I pulled the exhaust and intake and now they are hanging out with the Warranty card, he was getting lonely. Then I pulled the case cover and ripped out the governor because government control is not for me. Next I installed the stage 1 kit from OldMiniBikes, filled it with oil and fired it up. Runs so sweet, I cant wait to get it on the bike. Just waiting for my 18lb valve springs and the torque converter kit to get here and she will be going on the bike. Meanwhile I think some small color details are in order.

Attachments

Davis

First thing I did when I got the Predator 212 engine was read the Warranty card, gave a maniacal laugh and threw it in the trash. Next I pulled the exhaust and intake and now they are hanging out with the Warranty card, he was getting lonely. Then I pulled the case cover and ripped out the governor because government control is not for me. Next I installed the stage 1 kit from OldMiniBikes, filled it with oil and fired it up. Runs so sweet, I cant wait to get it on the bike. Just waiting for my 18lb valve springs and the torque converter kit to get here and she will be going on the bike. Meanwhile I think some small color details are in order.
Ya it should sound and run great till you blow it up. I don’t see a billet rod and flywheel anywhere on your list. Ask me how I know.

Really? I’ve seen many motors blow up without the correct parts. I know I won’t get to say I told you so. As you won’t post after the blow up. But I already know.
Hey now, I'm a fair guy. I'll post if I blow it up. I wouldn't want to deprive someone of a good I told you so moment. I'll be ordering a new rod. I'm just going to put around with it till I get here. I dont race them, I just think they are fun to build and I need a little extra umph for my little extra "fluff". And I was asking about how you knew hoping for a good blowing up an engine story.

All kidding aside I am new at this so I am learning and I do appreciate any and all advice for putting around and not running full out all the time what do I need to keep this thing from coming apart. I heard the rod can do a constant 6000 rpm. I'm not sure if that was under load or not. I never meant any disrespect.

old shed finds

Interesting article. ...
In relation we swapped a Kohler 6.5 HP in my CT200U yesterday. .and yes its out of the box and installed on the bike.
we feel better without a spinning time bomb under our legs..
Listen to Davis he is a buddy and a expert in building and racing these engines..

Attachments

SAS289

With stock gearing the stock torque converter took the place of the governor as far as max RPM at top speed is concerned on a Coleman. He could have waited to pull the governor until he got his rod and cam. Seems like a lot of people do this and open the engine more than necessary. I do however understand that NOT opening the engine is no fun.

Soooooo. I took everyone's advise, I did the billet rod and flywheel. I even mic'd the crank, busted out the plasi-guage and lapped the crank to the flywheel. Did it all the right way. It RIPPS. I'm thinking I may throw this into one of my Coleman CT100U bikes.

Attachments