* 2016 OldMiniBikes BUILD OFF " HELLZAPOPPIN " Anything Goes Class

you are an artisan, sweet bike! Mick
I've been called worst than that ...:laugh: just kidding thanks Mick.

Looking great ! :thumbsup:
Thanks bigrob...

Just sick!! I love it!! Everything just flows!! :thumbsup:
Hey, hey, hey.. theres my buddy ! :thumbsup: Thanks J.

Yep she is looking bad ass , brakes are highly overrated just wear thick shoes . I'd like to hear that two stroke also , should sound good. And killer deal on the spacer .
Thanks David....but I'm a flip flop guy .. :laugh: and I hope to fire it up soon.
Eric,
This is one nice bike, great fab work/design. How do you find the time to get this much done so fast.
Scott
Thanks Scott, and in answer to your question, I'm a old, burnt out mechanic...that loves working on mini's....no dam computers ! :laugh:

Speaking of brakes here's what I came up with. DB wheel and rotor cut into and I used the chain sprocket to mark out the the bolt pattern on the hub. I made up some one inch spacers to space out the hub, and of course I needed longer bolts.

[/img][/url]

Also made a brake caliper bracket and mounted the caliper. This bracket is way big ..and will be trimmed down before for paint.

Caliper bracket is just tacked in to keep it from moving....welds will be finished before paint.

Last edited:
Thanks Scott, and in answer to your question, I'm a old, burnt out mechanic...that loves working on mini's....no dam computers ! :laugh:[/QUOTE]

I have been watching many of the builds and was kind of thinking that some of you guys were retired, maybe we should have a sub class for the retired with a 1 1/2 month build time to even things out:laugh:
Scott

Sweet use of parts !
Thanks chipper, this might not be the final braking system but it gives me some good measurements.

Wow my head is spinning. :thumbsup:
Mine to Kenny !!! :cursing: But I like it.

Thanks Pete...I sure wish my lathe hadn't quit. :grind::hammer:

Thanks Scott, and in answer to your question, I'm a old, burnt out mechanic...that loves working on mini's....no dam computers ! :laugh:
I have been watching many of the builds and was kind of thinking that some of you guys were retired, maybe we should have a sub class for the retired with a 1 1/2 month build time to even things out:laugh:
Scott[/QUOTE]

Not retired yet Scott...:pimp:

Dude!!

Bring that baby South in April..
Tom....maybe, hard to plan stuff when you work for yourself.

February Update

Sunburst Orange is one color for sure.

Maybe a little early yet for paint colors......just trying to get all my ducks in a row . :laugh:

Last edited:
Not much to post this weekend on the bike its self. But ....I do have something to show that I have been working on for awhile now, and these parts do go on this build.

PLATING COPPER & NICKEL
Jack shaft gears were first copper coated.

Then Nickle plated and buffed out one time so far.
Pics aren't that good, the lighting in my shop sucks.:laugh:

Poor boys chrome...and I'm still working on it.:wink:

I've come to find that plating itself is not that hard to do, but very costly and the chemicals....well lets just say that they are not very user friendly.
Prep work is the hardest part to the plating process.:grind::hammer:...:drinkup:...:weld::laugh: which you can see....I have not mastered yet. :laugh:

Last edited: