2017 Lil Indian raffle bike.

markus

I am going to be needing advise on the throttle hook up. I want to stay as original as possible for the hook up. Any help ,advise or pictures will be greatly appreciated.
Rick, this is from the 1968 parts breakdown sheet, not much to it, hope it helps :thumbsup:

It's been awhile from last update on the Lil Indian build. I got motor rebuilt and painted. Put motor in place and hooked chain up. Went to mount the chain guard and I screwed up on that tast. I had to cut out the mounting bracket that I fiberglassed in and I have to move it outward about 3/8" It was hitting the clutch mounting bolt. Maybe this weekend I can get that taken care of and get it mounted and throttle hooked up. Then mount the seat.

I got the chain guard bracket eyeglasses on and bolted to bike. Does this look to be correctly installed or do they get mounted with a slight angle to the back?

Karen, does your bike have a jack shaft ? How cool is that ! I learned my something new for the day.

I don't think Rick can lower his that far as his chain is on the left side....no jack shaft .

Karen, does your bike have a jack shaft ? How cool is that ! I learned my something new for the day.

I don't think Rick can lower his that far as his chain is on the left side....no jack shaft .
That pic should be a 2 speed bike since the caliper and sprocket aren't on the left side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

markus

I got the chain guard bracket eyeglasses on and bolted to bike. Does this look to be correctly installed or do they get mounted with a slight angle to the back?
I'd leave it high till you run it in a bit and get the chain fully broke in. I think they look the best when the script sits level, and how they look in brochures, but if you have a floppy chain you may not be able to do that.

This is as low as I could get mine on on one of my old bikes, I kept adjusting it down and riding till I got the rattle of chian tapping the guard and then just kicked it up a little from there.

Bike looks great Rick, I missed this last installment!

Bumpity bump bump bump.....
Come on guys... don't forget to donate. Rick does a great job and is worthy of anything you can spare to help defray costs. I just sent in $50 but $5-$10-$20 will all add up. Whatever you can do. Its getting close.

Bumpity bump bump bump.....
Come on guys... don't forget to donate. Rick does a great job and is worthy of anything you can spare to help defray costs. I just sent in $50 but $5-$10-$20 will all add up. Whatever you can do. Its getting close.
Ya guys its not about what you send it that you sent something :thumbsup: Rick isn't making a dime off of this and all the proceeds go to a good cause for a small town :thumbsup:

The bike is done. Waiting on the throttle return spring to come again. Not have much luck finding the correct style for this hook up. We will need to get it fine tuned out there at the show before it goes into the pavilion for showing off on the raffle. I will get some pictures posted this week. I want to personally thank everyone that has donated to this bike being money or parts and the people that buy tickets for it. $1 a chance again. Thank you everyone.

Well here is the completed 2017 raffle bike. Thank you everyone one that helped and donated to this raffle bike build. It will need to be fine tuned when I get to windber with it.