2019 Build Off?

I think now is the time to speak up about a possible build off for 2019.

I would love to participate this year, but as far as moderating the build off, it is time to pass on the torch.

I would be willing help anyone that would like to step up to the plate with moderating and setting up.

I know we are using a new forum software, but let's see who's interested in either participating or moderating.
I want to participate! I already have a frame that I want to use. Well actually, it's been hanging from the rafters for about 4 years now.

I know we are using a new forum software, but let's see who's interested in either participating or moderating.
I want to participate! I already have a frame that I want to use. Well actually, it's been hanging from the rafters for about 4 years now.
Do you know whatever happened to the trophies that they were supposed to get last year? A design was posted but nothing else.

My problem is that my students read the posts while they are competing in the contest and when it is said that there will be trophies there should be. If there aren't going to be Trophies then no one should say there will be any.

I would to. The point is whatever is offered should be given. Don't offer something and get their hopes up and then leave them hanging. Ribbons, Trophies, or nothing. Their should be follow through on whatever is said.

I would to. The point is whatever is offered should be given. Don't offer something and get their hopes up and then leave them hanging. Ribbons, Trophies, or nothing. Their should be follow through on whatever is said.
This wasn't some community service project here, it was a guy who volunteered to help run an internet build off contest, while being a single father, while holding down a job. The build off is not a mandated, or integral part of OldMiniBikes, nor something that the members are entitled to participate in. If a member doesn't volunteer to run it, it doesn't happen.

Instead of pulling a "think of the children" guilt trip here, how about simply explaining to them that sometimes things just don't work out as planned?

I live on a fixed income, am medically retired, and don't have a lot of spare cash. I and others contributed to a raffle you were running for a worthwhile cause. No one bothered even letting me know they received my money. No one said "thanks," just two tickets in the mail- after I asked you about it. Then when the raffle was over, same story- no one said a thing, never heard the raffle was even being held, until an offhand post of essentially "oh yeah, we did that, and a local person won." Very little about any of the efforts to raise money, the amount raised, the health of the fellow educator, etc.

On his way out the door, Cheezy did mention something about not getting the trophies done, and making some errors in the management of the build off. Maybe a bit of understanding in order, and maybe a little bit of appreciation- instead of this vehemence from a guy who in my opinion, pretty much dissed the folks who willingly contributed to his cause, while others volunteered to augment his curriculum among other things.

This wasn't some community service project here, it was a guy who volunteered to help run an internet build off contest, while being a single father, while holding down a job. The build off is not a mandated, or integral part of OldMiniBikes, nor something that the members are entitled to participate in. If a member doesn't volunteer to run it, it doesn't happen.

Instead of pulling a "think of the children" guilt trip here, how about simply explaining to them that sometimes things just don't work out as planned?

I live on a fixed income, am medically retired, and don't have a lot of spare cash. I and others contributed to a raffle you were running for a worthwhile cause. No one bothered even letting me know they received my money. No one said "thanks," just two tickets in the mail- after I asked you about it. Then when the raffle was over, same story- no one said a thing, never heard the raffle was even being held, until an offhand post of essentially "oh yeah, we did that, and a local person won." Very little about any of the efforts to raise money, the amount raised, the health of the fellow educator, etc.

On his way out the door, Cheezy did mention something about not getting the trophies done, and making some errors in the management of the build off. Maybe a bit of understanding in order, and maybe a little bit of appreciation- instead of this vehemence from a guy who in my opinion, pretty much dissed the folks who willingly contributed to his cause, while others volunteered to augment his curriculum among other things.
Very well said Dave

The original purpose of this post was to search for someone who would want to volunteer their time to make the 2019 build off happen.

It's been going on for quite a few years now and has even been copied many times, but it needs a leader for this year.