212 cc predator 6.5 hp engine will not start

Ok so I bought this engine about a month ago. I finally got everything right with my clutch and all on my go kart and the engine cranked Everytime first try. I drove it for about 5 mins and it turned off on a sharp turn. I unplugged the oil sensor wire and it still will not crank back up. It's getting spark. I tried pouring gas in the carb and still nothing. What could it be?

I already have. I took off the ohh cover and my right rocker arm was loose. It has no compression. How do I adjust it to get it back on. When I try to tighten it it doesn't move like the other one when I crank it

Lash setting is done at tdc(top dead center) . Intake lash should be .003 and exhaust .002. Lock the nuts and check the lash. This is tricky if its your first time so just be patient. I've had this problem too and is a easy fix.

And another thing is that the right rocker will not move its like the push rod isn't pushing it.
Check the push rod. It might be bent. If its not moving at all when turning it over your cam may be broken. Is the left (exhaust) rocker still moving when turned over?
Then check your compression also. I had one motor that the valves were not sealing(no compression) and would not start. Is it spitting fire out the carb or even trying to fire?
Check your pull start . The screw in the middle might be too tight or it might need lube.

Last edited:
So I've been doing some searching and this last comment above mine mentions the carb spitting fire out. Mine is doing this new. I also have no compression.

So I've been doing some searching and this last comment above mine mentions the carb spitting fire out. Mine is doing this new. I also have no compression.
Sounds like this engine might have been defective out of the box. Have you done any mods to it? If not, I'd take it back and exchange it.
Michael

Eh.....yes. I have the air filter, 140 e-tube, #37 jet, and no governor. I have a billet rod I was going to put in today.

My brother was riding it and it just lost compression and died. Haven't been able to get it back started since. I checked valves closing and opening, checked push rod, that are strait, the springs are worrying as they should. I really don't know.