212 Hemi Governor link....

Hey guys I worked on another Murray Track 2 today and put a 22mm "chikuni" on it, after disconnecting all the springs and linkages, how do I or what can I reattach the governor arm linkage to so my engine won't blow up???? It may be a simple fix or a dumb question but i can't figure it out without stretching the governor arm spring to much.

Thanks for any input!!

IMG_2880_zpsaa1sba2y.jpg
IMG_2881_zpsnctioozy.jpg
IMG_2878_zps739uoa5d.jpg
IMG_2877_zpsxlxtocqp.jpg
IMG_2874_zpsrbxxiwn8.jpg

SAS289

I can't think of a solution to your issue. But you shouldn't run the engine with that governor arm loose. Imagine what would happen if the crankshaft comes in contact with the governor arm at high rpm? Or any rpm for that matter.

If you want to keep the slide carb you will have to remove the governor parts and get a performance rod and flywheel for safety.

I can't think of a solution to your issue. But you shouldn't run the engine with that governor arm loose. Imagine what would happen if the crankshaft comes in contact with the governor arm at high rpm? Or any rpm for that matter.

If you want to keep the slide carb you will have to remove the governor parts and get a performance rod and flywheel for safety.
I did think about getting billet aluminum parts, but wasn't planning on doing another clone build just yet, my briggs was going to be next.
I saw a picture of another members motor that had a spring rigged up to the block and was connected to the governor arm, I may end up going this route.

Although doesn't the governor arm have to move? I may not be able to do what I was planning.??????????

SAS289

They may have used the spring to keep the governor arm held toward the carb side of the engine. This would prevent the internal part of the governor arm from hitting the crankshaft. Even with that it is still running ungoverned because there is nothing there to close the throttle when called for by the governor.

If you were planning on staying with the governor and the slide carb you may not be able to because there doesn't seem to be a way to connect the governor to the throttle. With the slide carb there is no throttle linkage to connect to.

They may have used the spring to keep the governor arm held toward the carb side of the engine. This would prevent the internal part of the governor arm from hitting the crankshaft. Even with that it is still running ungoverned because there is nothing there to close the throttle when called for by the governor.

If you were planning on staying with the governor and the slide carb you may not be able to because there doesn't seem to be a way to connect the governor to the throttle. With the slide carb there is no throttle linkage to connect to.
Yea I think your right on this and that is what they did I believe, it was a spring holding the arm back. And I didn't think about it still technically being hooked up but NOT governed..... I may just have to do another clone build and put the Briggs off for a later project..

Thank you for the help SAS289!!!!