212 pred. motor in new style DB

I'm having a hard time trying to get my 212 hemi pred. to fit in new style DB. Valve cover is hitting frame hoop in front of rear tire(where the fender bolts to). I tried the PMR adjustable motor mount- not even close, so I removed it. Then I cut the head off the front oil drain plug, slotted it so I could put it back in with a screwdriver.This is damn close but still contacting that rear frame hoop,and eng. isn't sitting flat on stock eng. plate.Then I tried putting 1/2" in. spacers under each eng. mounting hole. This seemed to help the clearance issues but wouldn't it be like mounting the eng. on stilts? Don't want to lose frame hoop & fender. Will this work? What's everybody else doing and is there a thread on here that would help?

I bought a piece of 1/2'' aluminum plate off of Ebay and cut it to the size of the engine footprint and bolted it on that way. With the plate you can slide all the way forward so the drain plug hangs over the front bar. The adjustable motor plate should have done the same thing...

Doug

CarPlayLB

redrill holes for the adjustable plate. Tape off the engine plate with masking tape. Bolt the adjustable mount to the engine and put on the bike where it will need to sit. Take a sharpee and trace the outline. Pull the mount off the engine and place inside of your drawing. Mark where new holes need to be drilled...drill those holes...then mount adapter to plate, loosely bolt it on, set engine on top...voila! Done

No need to thank me...it's what I do!

Thanks for the input guys! I thought about bending the bar back but worried about breaking a weld or putting a nasty dent in the bar. Maybe with a rubber mallet and a small piece of 2x4 I can bend the bar back. And since I already have the adjustable mount I may try CarPlay's idea to retain eng. adjustability. With these great ideas I'm sure I can make it work. Thank you all, again!