23mm muniki on Baja Warrior, my worries

im looking to upgrade many engine parts. i may get a bigger carb.

my concern is that whatever manifold i get will either hit the frame, or stick out too far. IF I FALL on the right side of the bike, my air filter would be toast, or even crack the manifold off.

i have a k&n style filter that i actually ended up returning to stock because i was afraid to ride normal (my style is nuts to others :thumbsup:) i do fall alot haha

i COULD make my own manifold, i guess, im just afraid it wont work that great. i have a welder and drill press and alot of those fab tools..

anyone have ideas?

ill post my "upgrades" wishlist in a few..

MB165

Make one, I had the same concern when I hopped up my minibaja. The pull starter protects the carb. Hopefully, only the air filter gets ripped off.

You have to be careful

I tried a lot of work arounds to protect parts and never had much luck.

Pete has a very impressive looking intake thats about as close to ideal for this aplication as I have seen.
He made it himself too.

My latest attempt is something of a compromise between the two.

I realy think you should concentrate more on building a reliable engine first and then add different intakes later.

You have to be careful

I tried a lot of work arounds to protect parts and never had much luck.

Pete has a very impressive looking intake thats about as close to ideal for this aplication as I have seen.
He made it himself too.

My latest attempt is something of a compromise between the two.

I realy think you should concentrate more on building a reliable engine first and then add different intakes later.
im with u 100% on that.

i already have a "angled" filter for the stock carb so i guess ill be more comfortable falling on that than a expensive muniki.

:shrug: maybe a shield?