3-1/2 hp Tecumseh

cfh

I did a header on a Tecumseh h35 motor. you really have to make it close to the motor, or you'll burn your leg. Looking at Rosco's motor, i don't think the header is close enough to the motor. Typically you put 3.5hp motors on smaller bikes that don't have a lot of side room. here's the one i did, you can see it's pretty tight to the motor, and bends back to the center position of the back motor side. I'm using 7/8" stainless steel and a custom flange to make it work.

cfh

I like it too, but if you burn your leg while riding, it doesn't matter how fast you go, you still have a bike that is less than ride-able. Also on a 3.5hp motor, i'm not really sure how much can be gained from an open exhaust with or without tight bends. it's probably less than noticeable.

I like it too, but if you burn your leg while riding, it doesn't matter how fast you go, you still have a bike that is less than ride-able. Also on a 3.5hp motor, i'm not really sure how much can be gained from an open exhaust with or without tight bends. it's probably less than noticeable.
This motor is not on a mini bike to even worry about that....My builds are not for everybody an there are front peg mini bikes out there that you would have to be trying hard to burn your leg on my header. I have made other headers for these types of motors too, yours looks to fit real nice in that frame.

are you saying this motor goes on a go kart? because then that exhaust would be really perfect.
As I stated earlier this motor is sitting on a shelf in my basement but could be put on a mini bike and rode by someone. if you dont like the pipe thats fine but keep your comments to yourself. Ive had plenty of mini bikes in the past with pipes just like this and never burned my leg, maybe your just one of those kind of poeple.

delray

Rocco, I like to here what it would sound like with a full built 6000-7000 rpm motor.
just wish we had someone here that could build one....lol..:rolleyes:
if we had enough people comment to racing a flathead this year at symco we could have a modified flathead class....