3-1/2 hp Tecumseh

Rocco, I like to here what it would sound like with a full built 6000-7000 rpm motor.
just wish we had someone here that could build one....lol..:rolleyes:
if we had enough people comment to racing a flathead this year at symco we could have a modified flathead class....
I have an HS40 MCR in at Dyno in NC right now getting welded and ground for my side popper project. :scooter:

Rocco, I like to here what it would sound like with a full built 6000-7000 rpm motor.
just wish we had someone here that could build one....lol..:rolleyes:
if we had enough people comment to racing a flathead this year at symco we could have a modified flathead class....
I think if I was to build a flathead that can rev like that it would have to be a Briggs, You have machining skills to turn a Tecumseh into a beast.
I like what you did with the hs40 you built.

There was a guy that used the exhaust port for the intake, with the proper cam.

I think that is really cool. With 3 or 4 HP its not about HP it's about coolness.

Couldn't find a link or pic of it.

I did a header on a Tecumseh h35 motor. you really have to make it close to the motor, or you'll burn your leg. Looking at Rosco's motor, i don't think the header is close enough to the motor. Typically you put 3.5hp motors on smaller bikes that don't have a lot of side room. here's the one i did, you can see it's pretty tight to the motor, and bends back to the center position of the back motor side. I'm using 7/8" stainless steel and a custom flange to make it work.

Wow that is a nice header tucked up like that. And stainless too!

delray

As far as I know the Bungholio never ran and we all would like to see this happen...Dave is going to give it a go and I hope he succeeds.
I too plan on building one this next winter. I already have basic parts to start it. just that it's summer now and I have 100 different things to do...lol
i always wanted to do a bobber bike with 10 spoke wheels and white wall tires so my bungholio will go on that type of bike. i think it will look cool with the 22mm side carb mount on it.
engine that i have is kind of hard to find ,but perfect candidate for my project. it is a factory cast sleeve engine with a rupp style bearing side cover and also is a electronic ignition so i can install a hot coil i have for it. for a cam i am only planning on using a ohh steel cam with a compression release setup and then just run animal 16 pound springs and dyno retainers. this too is a newer block that takes a billet rod(hs-40,50 style). it should pull real easy up to 4700+ rpm's. plenty power for a bobber bike just to ride around at show events and at home on my streets. yes i live in a neighborhood i can ride all day....