5.5 intek 206

I got a free 5.5hp intek 206 engine and was wondering what the difference was between it and a 6.5hp 206, im wanting to add performance parts but couldnt fint much info on it.

The Intek block is different than a 206 Briggs Animal. It only has a bearing on the PTO side. It also has a governor which can be removed but not recommended unless you go to a animal flywheel or a after market billet flywheel. All the ones I've seen have a plastic lobe cam as well. The cranks are cast instead of forged. The 6.5 Intek is basically the same. I think it has a bit larger carb. If you have any more questions please just ask. I race the Briggs Animal on my go karts. I've built a couple of them for mini bikes. They make great power and super reliable.

Thanks for the info, I got the rod, cam, valve springs, I didn't know for sure what Rpm the stock flywheel on the Intek would hold, i just run Briggs flathead on alky, and just wanted to try something different, the Intek was free so I figured I'd give it a try.

I would also like to take the governor out but don't wanna make it dangerous, I run stock flywheel on my flathead but do not go over 6500, I don't know anything about these engines but wanna make good power so any input is very appreciative thanks