50 dollar Minibike..what did I just buy?

Thank You, everybody- It is indeed, a Nova, made by the Nova Company in Gardena, CA. I have heard of Taco's and Bonanza's and Ruttmans (oh my !! ;) ) but never a Nova. I'm gonna have fun getting this little beast back ion shape

I have some videos of the scrub brake working, and the engine running and when revved the clutch engages, but they came to me on Messenger on Facebook, and I can't for the life of me figure out how to get them on here...

I'm sorry, I am trying to delete the extra one, and can't seem to...If anybody on here knows how to get rid of this double post, please, by all means, do. Sorry...:(

Okay, question for the gurus (probably the first of many)- There is a chain idler that holds tension against the lower part of the chain...anybody ever seen this on a Nova before? Got to actually ride it for the first time today, a bit slow on the uptake but thats understandable, as I am 210+ pounds, but once it starts moving, its plenty fast for me

well, with new fork and front and rear wheel bearings, fenders, and a few stickers on the engine, I'm gonna call it done, NOT a restoration, more of a "clean it up and ride the heck out of it" job...just over 100 bux in it now.. ;-)

Attachments

Killin me here smalls!!! ;):D

Nice job an way cheap enuff, now ride ride ride tilll ya can't no mo... loll :scooter:
That is my intention. However, I live right smack in the middle of the redwoods in Northern CA (take Highway 101 North until you see a sign that says 'welcome to Oregon", turn around, go 15 miles, and here I am) and 75 inches of rain a year is quite normal. We do get days of clear weather throughout the rainy season, so, it won't just become garage art for the winter. Summertime, look out ;-)