6.5 clone gas-cap leak FIX!

The way to fix the o-ring leak on the 6.5 clone is to turn the rubber gasket upside down. Rode all day and not one drop came out. Maybe Suzie Wong put them all in wrong at the factory. The ring seals and stays in it's groove better with the ring reversed. Try it and let me know if it works for you.:wink:

Mine works like a champ! If you look closely while pressing the inverted ring into place, it does not expand outwards outside the sealing groove like it did before it was inverted.
Of course if your engine is older, by now your o-ring may have been deformed from continuous use in the regular configuration. Anyway, I could'nt be happier with mine. 10 seconds worth of work and it wont leak at all now!:thumbsup:

I don't know about your gasket... but mine came with the "wong" gasket altogether! I have the 6.5 but they also make a 12 or 13hp that has a bigger gas cap. I had to go back into Harbor Freight and do a sneeky swap with one of their floor model 6.5's. Now it works great. The last gasket wouldn't even seat into the grove under the cap. I had gas pouring all over the place wrecking the paint.

Good idea superior!

I flipped my cap gasket over and seemed to stop my "dampness around the gas cap" The gasket on my 6.5 has rings or lines on one side and smooth on the other side. the smooth side is facing the tank now, everything is dry :thumbsup:

this happens all the time with my doodlebug. when it has a full tank gas leaks really bady. i tried reversing the o ring and it does hlp though. thanks.

Awesome! I'm glad it worked for some of you. If you simply shake the tank right after you flip the ring, it might still show signs of leakage, but if you wait a few minutes and give it time to conform to the new shape, you will see it works. The true test is go riding and check it after your'e done. Thanks, cjtmini.:thumbsup::scooter: