68-69 rupp repro handle bars

Ding Ding

Well that would be a question to ask BWM. He does reproduce the 70 & 71-74 chain guards. I can tell you that the tooling needed to make these is expensive, and would be that much more expensive for the pre-1970 guards. I've talked to him about it.

Rupp 72

I doubt 68 or 69 rupp clutch guards will ever be reproduced by way of stamping sheet metal like the originals. The shape would probably require two different die sets and for each guard to be stamped twice and not all in one shot. Additionally there are the slots that would have to be punched or cut out, and then the cost of chrome on top of all that. Thus the investment is probably far to great to ever make it worth doing. Just my 2 cents.

Last edited:
I wonder what the story is on the ones for sale on EBay. Out of desperation I did purchase one for $400 one time and then it cost me another $100 to get it show chromed, but I guess if I were desperate enough MAYBE I would pay $600 for one? That fellow that said about a year ago that he was going to release them and they would be much cheaper never has. I wonder what is happening with that as well....

capguncowboy

I wonder what the story is on the ones for sale on EBay. Out of desperation I did purchase one for $400 one time and then it cost me another $100 to get it show chromed, but I guess if I were desperate enough MAYBE I would pay $600 for one? That fellow that said about a year ago that he was going to release them and they would be much cheaper never has. I wonder what is happening with that as well....
When you're ready to buy one for $600, come see me :deal:

Seriously though, I gave up waiting to hear back from PDSLA1 or whatever his name is. Last I heard he was "waiting to pick them up next week", then "had a few delays, but soon!". That was almost a year ago. The aluminum guards that @vonnsrupp is making look pretty good. I'd entertain using one of those before paying $600 for an original or repro.