7 1/4" kickstand from OldMiniBikes - Need Bracket

Just purchased Kickstand (7 1/4") from OldMiniBikes, didn't come with mounting bracket, anybody out there used this kind and where I might get the bracket. Pics. would be cool. Thanks in advance.

I'm guessing that you purchased the longer kickstand due to the fact you have a taller bike? (We did the same thing). Yeah, it is odd that there is no mounting bracket with the longer kickstand, yet there is with the shorter one.:doah: To me, it is like the longer one is meant as a REPLACEMENT (mounting bracket is already on the bike), and the shorter one is meant as a NEW INSTALL (no mounting bracket on the bike):shrug: The bracket that comes with the short one will work on the longer one IF you: 1) Enlarge the hole in the bracket, 2) Use a few washers to take up the "slop" as the longer kickstand has a flattened end, and 3) You will have to use a short BOLT instead of the pin that comes with the bracket. That is what we did (bought the short kickstand to get the bracket) and it works very well.

Kickstand

Thanks for the info, wish they would have said its for larger wheel sizes, I have a 5" kit. Looks like I waisted $10, maybe I'll order the one with the bracket. Thanks again for your help:thumbsup:

Just a little note. The bracket welds to the bottom of the frame. Which presents a ground clearance issue on many bikes. What I do is shave the bracket down a bit on top and bottom. the tab on top will bend slightly and you can shave the top of the bracket at an angle which also helps its slide over obsticles. Youll end up with the bracket thats like 1/4"-3/8" shorter id say and it wont crack your wrists so much when you get caught on a root :thumbsup:

TomH

Thanks for the info, wish they would have said its for larger wheel sizes, I have a 5" kit. Looks like I waisted $10, maybe I'll order the one with the bracket. Thanks again for your help:thumbsup:
See if you can exchange it or sell it in the for sale section.

Here is mine if it helps.......watch where you weld it on....I put mine on ...then found out it hits the foot pegs and Im stuck with were to put the pegs.....think it out ...

I had to extend my stands rod...I have the 8 inch kit on 16 inch tires....and the stand was too short when I ordered it as a option with my kit (those dumb@zzes)

Its a u shaped pc with a tab for a spring.....

Just an additional head's up: The ANGLE that you weld on the bracket on the frame can make a BIG difference. Too MUCH of an angle and the bike will lean over too far until the foot hits; too LITTLE of an angle and the bike will not lean far enough over to be secure, and could tip over easily, especially with the engine installed. In addition, when you have the bracket welded on I would recommend having the engine bolted in place, as depending on how the engine is centered in the frame it can act as a counterweight and can effect the lean of the bike as well. (Of course drain any/all fuel before bringing welding equipment anywhere close!:doah:)

george3

Just purchased Kickstand (7 1/4") from OldMiniBikes, didn't come with mounting bracket, anybody out there used this kind and where I might get the bracket. Pics. would be cool. Thanks in advance.
what kind of mini bike is it going on. maybe you can use a different style that dosent stick down so far. or just make that U channel bracket. Like he said it sticks down too far on some bikes.

rmm727

I'm guessing that you purchased the longer kickstand due to the fact you have a taller bike? (We did the same thing). Yeah, it is odd that there is no mounting bracket with the longer kickstand, yet there is with the shorter one.:doah: To me, it is like the longer one is meant as a REPLACEMENT (mounting bracket is already on the bike), and the shorter one is meant as a NEW INSTALL (no mounting bracket on the bike):shrug: The bracket that comes with the short one will work on the longer one IF you: 1) Enlarge the hole in the bracket, 2) Use a few washers to take up the "slop" as the longer kickstand has a flattened end, and 3) You will have to use a short BOLT instead of the pin that comes with the bracket. That is what we did (bought the short kickstand to get the bracket) and it works very well.
Glad you posted this. I am in the same boat. I will try doing what you posted.

rmm727,
Make sure and read (and understand!) my reply 3 posts back about the ANGLE you weld the bracket on the frame. Let's just say that we learned from "experience"!:grind::doah:
Michael

I welded mine on with a shallow angle ....it holds on concrete (flat) as well as gravel and dirt....I did the minimum on a flat surface ....that I thought would hold it up....that way in dirt ....it can sink a bit...and not fall....:)doah:)