79cc predator need more power

so i put a 79cc predator on my mini bike bc it fit better that 212. so i started it up and i barely move. i bypassed the govenor and still no improvement. is there some other setting to get more power?

youre definately going to need a jackshaft if you are running #40 chain you wont be able to put a big enough sporcket without hitting the ground. id go for about a 7:1 or more if you ride pretty slow and offroad. The guys are right though a 212 would work fine with the ratio you have and go alot better.

youre definately going to need a jackshaft if you are running #40 chain you wont be able to put a big enough sporcket without hitting the ground. id go for about a 7:1 or more if you ride pretty slow and offroad. The guys are right though a 212 would work fine with the ratio you have and go alot better.
would switching to 35 chain help? i dont want to switch to 212 as then i have to mod the gas tank.

That 48 tooth rear sprocket is not going to cut it. As previously stated with that engine you need a 72 tooth rear sprocket to get anything close to decent performance. Also , what is YOUR size (weight) as that has a significant effect if you're a big guy (200lbs+)?
Michael

so i put a 79cc predator on my mini bike bc it fit better that 212. so i started it up and i barely move. i bypassed the govenor and still no improvement. is there some other setting to get more power?
Those engines are weak, I bought a Baja Doodlebug that had a Predator 99cc which is pretty much the same engine. It had a 10 tooth #35 clutch sprocket and the stock 70 tooth #35 rear sprocket. I was running 145/70-6 tires and it would barely pull me up the slightest incline and I only weigh 160 Lbs. If the Predator 212 is too big, I would opt for a Honda GX120 or GX160, they are a little smaller than the 212 and not much bigger than the 79cc and have a crap ton more power. I had a GX160 on one of my Lil Indians with a 10 tooth #35 clutch sprocket and 60 tooth #35 rear sprocket, running 4.10/3.50-6 rear tire and never had any problems. It didn't blast off from the start but it would do 40 MPH all day long if I had the nerve to hold the throttle open that long. The Honda GX160 may cost 3 times as much but it will out last pretty much anything you put it on and well worth it in my opinion.

desert rat

Those engines are weak, I bought a Baja Doodlebug that had a Predator 99cc which is pretty much the same engine. It had a 10 tooth #35 clutch sprocket and the stock 70 tooth #35 rear sprocket. I was running 145/70-6 tires and it would barely pull me up the slightest incline and I only weigh 160 Lbs. If the Predator 212 is too big, I would opt for a Honda GX120 or GX160, they are a little smaller than the 212 and not much bigger than the 79cc and have a crap ton more power. I had a GX160 on one of my Lil Indians with a 10 tooth #35 clutch sprocket and 60 tooth #35 rear sprocket, running 4.10/3.50-6 rear tire and never had any problems. It didn't blast off from the start but it would do 40 MPH all day long if I had the nerve to hold the throttle open that long. The Honda GX160 may cost 3 times as much but it will out last pretty much anything you put it on and well worth it in my opinion.
I use GC 160 Hondas on everything that doesn't already have a motor. The cheapest is from old pressure washers that people didn't take care off the pumps. Next cheapest (and new) is from northern tool.
https://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200327077_200327077

desert rat

This is a sample of how I find my stuff. I call it curb shopping. Look up trash service on the internet, put in your town and find where/ when the trash is picked up. Now the night before or early the morning of "go shopping". It is legal unless locally forbidden. You would be totally amazed at what you can find, I furnished a 2000 sq ft home from the curb store (no beds that's just wrong). I picked up about 20 vacuums fixed and gave away to people that needed them for no money out of my pocket. People throw out brand new tools even. Find copper/ aluminum, take it to the scrap yard sell it use the money for your mini. You will find motors that you can use I am sure of it. The curb store is the cheapest way to shop.
https://residentnews.net/2020/04/02... picking,no reasonable expectation of privacy.
https://www.wm.com/us/local/ca/kern-county/residential

I74

Had a 79cc Predator for about 2 hrs.
It had hardly any comp.
I took off the V cover & found that the rockers were not even close to being centered over the valve stems, & could not be massaged either,, to get them lined up better.:rolleyes:
I closed it up & took it right back.
That valve train is a joke on those, & ''very'' weak. Sorry to say that,, but I tell it like it is.

Found a GX-200 for a great deal,, & that was the best thing I ever did for that bike.

Even did a whole bunch of mods & custom jack shaft assy. on the MM-80cc ''Lifan'' set up, before the Honda engine,, just to see if it could pull some one 210 lbs. decent.
It did, but is ''nothing'' like the stage 1 - 196cc set up that's in it now.

Honda's are expensive but well worth ''every'' penny,, & will last pretty much the life of the chassis of the bike & then some,, if you take care of them,, even if you don't....
The Honda's are made in a Honda factory in Singapore, with Japanese tooling ect. ,, ''not'' China.

I have seen GX -200's on asphalt tampers, that were completely beat to shit looking,, but ran like a champ.
You could tell that they had fallen out of trucks before ect. & are ''very'' abused,, but still fire right up.

The 120cc & 160cc ones, either GC or GX ,, would even be a night & day improvement.
Like the posts above stating,, you could probably find one of those engines on a press. washer ect. in a pawn shop ect.,, for penny's on the dollar.;)
It's a no brainer, & I wouldn't even waste the money on a jack shaft set up.
I was ''very'' lucky to sell my jackshaft set up, for about what I had in it.

Guys on here pretty much told me I was ''nuts'' for doing all the mods on the little 80cc,, ''they were right'',, even though I pulled it off better than most thought possible.

My 2 cents.

P/S,,
High quality # 35 chain is even good on the big engines.

I

Last edited:

I74

Added,,
The GX-200 I got, came out of a Simpson ''Pro'' press. washer.
I put the unit ''minus engine'' on Craigslist, & came out ''way'' ahead on the deal.
The profit I made,, easily covered the upgrades ect. on the bike. :cool:
If you find a press. washer with a AAA pump,, those alone are worth some pretty good coin.;)

I74

Gx series is manufactured in 3 factories and one is in China. The others Japan and Thailand. GC series US and Italy.
Gx series is manufactured in 3 factories and one is in China. The others Japan and Thailand. GC series US and Italy.
Last I looked which was about a year ago,, I thought it was stated the GX was made in Singapore.
Thanks for the update info.

Now I'am going to have to decode mine. LOL.

Last edited: