9.0 hp Vanguard.

Li'l Popeye

Hello.
In search of aftermarket parts for this engine.
Billet rod and billet flywheel if possible. Have searched several websites, without result.
Found this engine on scrapyard. It runs on brake cleaner, so I assume all is good.
It is a 290-300cc engine. 18cui.
1" crankshaft.
Or would it be best to take it apart and measure crank, rod length and rod holes and then start looking for a billet rod tjat should fit?
Any suggestions about an aftermarket carb?
Billet flywheel; not sure if they are available for this engine.
20210516_175251.jpg

20210516_175238.jpg

@markus, @174, @desert rat would be great contacts and i know I'm missing key ppl here i apologize to all. The experts will be along here shortly

Me i watch what you build, have built it, have posted on U-tube total awe!
Over here we'd call the questions your asking "Ain't no step for a stepper" and wow have you done some way cool Shtuff! :cool::scooter:

Last edited:

Li'l Popeye

@markus, @174, @desert rat would be great contacts and i know I'm missing key ppl here i apologize to all. The experts will be along here shortly

Me i watch what you build, have built it, have posted on U-tube total awe!
Over here we'd call the questions your asking "Ain't no step for a stepper" and wow have you done some way cool Shtuff! :cool::scooter:
Thanks.
I have searched arc website but seems that only Vanguard rods they have are V twins.
A lot of other Briggs rods, mostly flatheads. But if it fits, it fits.

desert rat

I just got back from my locale small motor shop to get some tires ordered. Ya it's an hour away, really. I asked about your motor. You got one hell of a motor but there are NO parts, not even stock parts.

Last edited:
This is gonna be good then, no parts available... that's a bummer! However i must say... M'mm Lil'Popeye Dragbike comin right up. i can feel the whir of the lathe already! :cool: an amazing feat is fixing to unfold right B4 our eyes! I'm on the edge of my seat anticipating watching a true craftsman build really cool Shtuff! This site is sooo amazing. The craftsmanship that's here boggles my mind, and to think i get a front and center seat for a mere $25 bucks a year! How cool is that? Come on guys/gals help support the wealth of info given so freely here! I know y'all have wasted more on way less return!

Sorry, off the soap box now, just had to vent a sec!