a few engine questions...

first of all, is this damn thing a Honda g150? it came off an old toro edger. no markings whatsoever except to say that it was made in japan and theres stamping on the back that says 's150'. heres a few pics-

and then I have not so much a question, but an observation. on the motovox mbx10 and 11 they use an 80cc engine that looks in every way like the Honda its ripped off from, but they made it OHV. I know the little DB 2.8's aren't like that, theyre still flathead like the Honda. me, I think they did this so all the parts are exclusively available from them.

Looks like a Wisconsin-Robin EY-15 engine (3.5 HP) or maybe an EY-20 (5 HP) but those had the kill switch on the right hand side of the rewind cover, facing the rewind...

Jamie1972

first of all, is this damn thing a Honda g150? it came off an old toro edger. no markings whatsoever except to say that it was made in japan and theres stamping on the back that says 's150'. heres a few pics-

and then I have not so much a question, but an observation. on the motovox mbx10 and 11 they use an 80cc engine that looks in every way like the Honda its ripped off from, but they made it OHV. I know the little DB 2.8's aren't like that, theyre still flathead like the Honda. me, I think they did this so all the parts are exclusively available from them.

$5.00 for questions....$10.00 for answers.....And lies are FREE! :laugh: